why do people use fuxored email addresses for business?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
guy was born in 1954 so '69' is not his date of birth...he is a plumber though.

x69LayinPipe9x@

funny, but I don't know if I'd have gone with the x_ _x thing

Feb 6, 2007
That's a great e-mail address, wow. I've always kept at least a couple on file; one for various spam nonsense, one for actual friends and family, one for any business or school related stuff... It's just common sense. I wouldn't go apply for a job with "Bong Smoking Hippie" as my e-mail contact.

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
I always laugh when we get resumes from addresses like that. Sure lets hire lazy_bud_smoker42@ !

bsobel

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Leros
A friend asked me to look over her resume. The first thing I noticed was her email address in the corner. It was something like CutiePie4U@mail.com. Made me laugh.

Your professional (classes, work, etc) email should be easy to link to your name. John.Smith@mail.com or jsmith@mail.com Something like that.

100% agreed. I can't count the number of times I've seen resumes like that and that always gives me a negative impression of the sender. It's fine to be batwoman outside of work, but when I get your resume I expect firstname.lastname, flastname, or some variation with few exceptions (there are some hackers that are pretty well known who go by their handles, I tend to excuse those cases)

Bill

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
The main motivation behind registering my own domain was to have a professional (non-yahoo, non-hotmail, etc) personal (non-company) email address.

Chewy

Oct 9, 1999
not related, but my voicemail used to be "I'm DRUUUUNK, leave a msg". Then I had to change it when I applied to new jobs.