Why do people like sour cream so much?

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
I think it tastes disgusting. It barely has any taste at all. And the texture is just disgusting...eeyuuuck. I absolutely hate it when i go to tacoh*ll and they put all that white shiese all over my taco...even when i request no sour cream!

At least "upscale" taco places like baja fresh or rubios put it in a seperate little cup.

t3h sour cream ruins: tacos, burritos, baked potatoes, casseroles, and beef stroganoff. edit: and NACHOS TOO!

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have no idea, but I agree.. it's disgusting.

I'll tollerate it on tacos and the like if I forget to tell them to leave it off, but not if there's a whole shitload. Blech.

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
Go to Denmark, they use it as dressing and put it on deserts too. I think their version has less "sour" in it though.

mudkiller

Dec 31, 1999
well.. i hate mayo. "it tastes disgusting" "And the texture is just disgusting...eeyuuuck. I absolutely hate it " " they put all that white shiese" my sandwich... yuck. :)

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: kami333
Go to Denmark, they use it as dressing and put it on deserts too. I think their version has less "sour" in it though.

maybe thats whipped cream. Whipped cream pwns sour cream. Its like eating aired out creamy sugar.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
I dunno, it's not so great by itself but it's good for offsetting the hot tastes sometimes. I'm surprised you're always getting SC on your TB tacos though, you should probably try just ordering a regular taco and NOT mentioning it at all, they are likely half-hearing your request for not having it. It costs extra, just don't mention it and you won't get it.

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: mudkiller
well.. i hate mayo. "it tastes disgusting" "And the texture is just disgusting...eeyuuuck. I absolutely hate it " " they put all that white shiese" my sandwich... yuck. :)

me too!!! Mayo belongs only in tuna salad, egg salad, or ensalada papas. Not with ham or beef or pig or donkey...

Eli

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Yo_Ma-Ma
I dunno, it's not so great by itself but it's good for offsetting the hot tastes sometimes. I'm surprised you're always getting SC on your TB tacos though, you should probably try just ordering a regular taco and NOT mentioning it at all, they are likely half-hearing your request for not having it. It costs extra, just don't mention it and you won't get it.
Usually that's what the Supreme means..

If it's a taco supreme, burrito supreme.. etc.. = sour cream.

WarmAndSCSI

Banned
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: fatbaby
Originally posted by: mudkiller

me too!!! Mayo belongs only in tuna salad, egg salad, or ensalada papas. Not with ham or beef or pig or donkey...

WRONG mayo pwns your ass

WarmAndSCSI

Banned
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Eli
Originally posted by: Yo_Ma-Ma
Usually that's what the Supreme means..

If it's a taco supreme, burrito supreme.. etc.. = sour cream.

And tomatoes

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
taco bell doesn't exactly have the best quality sour cream in the world. some things it goes with great

astroz

Jun 15, 2003
I don't like it by itself, but when mixed with other
ingredients, like onion dip, etc. It's not bad at all
with chips or fresh veggies.

Eli

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
You losers probably don't like ice cold buttermilk, either.
Ugh, buttermilk.... :disgust:

I do like cottage cheese.. heh.

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
I love sour cream and guacamole!

What's funny is that my dad hates coconut and sour cream, but one of his favorite things is a Hawaiian salad. You should've seen the look on his face when I told him that it's made with sour cream and coconut.

You know.. Kind of off subject, but I think it's weird that my tastes have changed since I've gotten older. As a kid, I loved Miracle Whip and hated real Mayo. Now I hate Miracle Whip because it's too sweet and love Mayo. A similar thing happened with soft drinks. I used to love Pepsi as a kid and now it's just too sweet for me. I didn't like Coke as a kid and now that's what I prefer. Weird. My tastes will probably change again when I get closer to pushing up daisies.

Sal