why do people hate flash so much?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JetBlack69

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2001
Nice site Gobadgrs! I wish I could make a neat website.

About flash, I don't really care one way or the other about it. It can be annoying, but it can be cool, just like anything else.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: luvly
"BTW: Everyone! I have an announcement! I slept with Luvly last night. How did I know it was her you ask? Well the lights were all off in my room, and her face looked exactly like I'd seen in her Fotki photos."

Huh? You slept with a blank face? :Q :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That's freaky. Please don't make me scarier of nerds. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: You mean you had a secret crush on me? :Q :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh, by the way, I wouldn't filter it 'cuz I learned my lesson the hard way once. I used the pixelise option once and someone tried to trace it back! It also became the person's comic. I would rather no clues of any kind were left.

And I always thought it was because you were snagging other people's pictures with a somewhat decent body and putting the black box over their face so no one would recognize it....

Hey! Bonjour, Gobadgrs, internet dork! :p

I like the room navigation. Is your room big? You seem to have so much going on there. I can even see your towel! :Q Is that the Master's bedroom or something? Does one of the doors lead to a bathroom? :confused: Maybe they build houses differently in Germany . . . uh, I mean Wisco. Confirmed: Gobadgrs is a dork. :D

P.S.: You've got plenty posters there, but hardly any of hot chicks! Impressive. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002

I like the room navigation. Is your room big? You seem to have so much going on there. I can even see your towel! :Q Is that the Master's bedroom or something? Does one of the doors lead to a bathroom? :confused: Maybe they build houses differently in Germany . . . uh, I mean Wisco. Confirmed: Gobadgrs is a dork. :D

P.S.: You've got plenty posters there, but hardly any of hot chicks! Impressive. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

How does it confirm that I'm a dork? The one door is the door to the hall way and the other one is my closet. Don't they have closets out in Cali? And I dont need any hot chics on my wall. I have them all on my hard drive ;)

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs

How does it confirm that I'm a dork? The one door is the door to the hall way and the other one is my closet. Don't they have closets out in Cali? And I dont need any hot chics on my wall. I have them all on my hard drive ;)

She's only used to opening the car doors to get light after a night of working ;)

"And I always thought it was because you were snagging other people's pictures with a somewhat decent body and putting the black box over their face so no one would recognize it...."

Somewhat? Then why don't you call it indecent? There's no such thing as somewhat decent body. Have you got a picture of what constitutes decent? I imagine you're the preacher's son who finds bikini pictures to be indecent exposure. Don't hate the player. You even seem way smarter than the player by discovering before her that the bodies depicted are that of different girls. When she dug the pics out, she thought they looked like the same girl. She isn't that good in distinguishing people, you know. Maybe now that you exposed her secret, she would endeavour to hire an expert to post consistent pics and one of a decent body. Hopefully no nightmares tonight from someone uncovering my secret. :Q Thanks for making me chuckle this morning, Nitemare. :D

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
... if only some of you knew even HALF of what Flash is capable of...

Like everything else we come across in this world, there's ways to mis-use it. Don't let that get you down. People were fighting for P2P because of the technology behind it... they saw the big picture. Nobody sees anything aside from animation here... I ask why ?

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
"And I always thought it was because you were snagging other people's pictures with a somewhat average looking body and putting the black box over their face so no one would recognize it...."

Somewhat? Then why don't you call it indecent? There's no such thing as somewhat decent body. Have you got a picture of what constitutes decent? I imagine you're the preacher's son who finds bikini pictures to be indecent exposure. Don't hate the player. You even seem way smarter than the player by discovering before her that the bodies depicted are that of different girls. When she dug the pics out, she thought they looked like the same girl. She isn't that good in distinguishing people, you know. Maybe now that you exposed her secret, she would endeavour to hire an expert to post consistent pics and one of a decent body. Hopefully no nightmares tonight from someone uncovering my secret. :Q Thanks for making me chuckle this morning, Nitemare. :D

better? :beer:

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: rh71
... if only some of you knew even HALF of what Flash is capable of...

Like everything else we come across in this world, there's ways to mis-use it. Don't let that get you down. People were fighting for P2P because of the technology behind it... they saw the big picture. Nobody sees anything aside from animation here... I ask why ?

You mean how it can launch programs on other users HDs? They do have some great physics programs with it and games as well. What are you talking about specifically?