Why do people go to clubs?

Kenji4861

Banned
Jan 28, 2001
I got into a "debate" with my gf because my guy friend's gf was going to clubs.

My argument - I don't think it's right because clubs are meant for people to meet other people.

Her argument - At clubs, people dance and have fun with friends.

So, why do you go to a club?

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
meat market for the most part.
u should let your girlfriend go if you trust her however.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
you can get fvcked up at home, at a reduced cost. clubs are generally for meeting people

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Kenji4861
I got into a "debate" with my gf because my guy friend's gf was going to clubs.

My argument - I don't think it's right because clubs are meant for people to meet other people.

Her argument - At clubs, people dance and have fun with friends.

So, why do you go to a club?

Bit of the 1st and 2nd option. Not do drugs as that is gay to me. Gettting drunk and to have fun is why most people do most things, never mind about clubbing.

I go because it is fun to get really sh!t faced on occasion. Not felt like so in a while but like to get a bit pissed at times. Time to have a break and to let loose. Go dancing and enjoy myself. When I was single I was in to chatting to new girls and having fun. Now that I have a gf I still go to clubs with my mates, but don't seek to do anything more then meet new people. No intention of going further then friends. I also go clubbing with my gf. She loves to club.

Koing

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
I think clubs, I think dancing which I'm not a big fan of. I'm more of a chill, just hang out with a beer with my friends guy. My g/f loves clubs though so I ammuse her by going with her. It's usually a lot of fun but I'd never go to a club on my own. Not my thing.

I agree with ndee though. Single guys go to clubs to try to find some girls to grind with while girls go with friends to just have a good time.

TMPadmin

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2001
Don't overanalyze clubs or people that go to clubs. After a long week of work some people like to let loose, have FUN!? Talk about things other than work. Some go to meet new friends, some to meet regular friends or even old friends. Some just go to have a drink and relax.

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
To go Fvck an underaged girl whom got in with a fake ID. Why else?

I can dance in my living room, in front of a web cam. But ain't no way a chick is gonna sleep with me that way. So I pull together 40 bucks (20 entrance fee, 20 for drinks) then scour around for then ladies.

rolleye.gif

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: KGB

I can dance in my living room, in front of a web cam. But ain't no way a chick is gonna sleep with me that way. So I pull together 40 bucks (20 entrance fee, 20 for drinks) then scour around for then ladies.

rolleye.gif

Dancing in your living room isn't as fun and the atmosphere isn't the same. You dont' have lots of people about unless you are hosting a party.

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Koing
Originally posted by: KGB

rolleye.gif

Dancing in your living room isn't as fun and the atmosphere isn't the same. You dont' have lots of people about unless you are hosting a party.

Was that a remark towards me? I was giving an example. Unless you felt a certain obligation to correct me on my logic then by all means go on ahead. But my post was surely for analogy reasons. (Hope you don't take this the wrong way either ;) )

crisp82

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: ndee
Men go to club to meet people. Women CAN go to clubs and only have fun.
Syntax Error 101....

Just cos u can't go and have fun, doesn't mean all blokes don't. Not everyone goes out to pick girls up.

Axon

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2003

Correct. Some of them come to hook up, but it's not the 99::1 ratio that it is with the fellas.

A man who truly likes to dance and does not do it just to get chicks is fairly rare. However, virtually all women love, love, love, love to dance. It?s a good angle if you can put up with the B.S. involved.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of dancing (I consider it gyrating wildly for absolutely no reason), 10 dollar beers, or bass so loud I feel my medulla oblongata moving. I greatly prefer a decent bar/lounge where you don't have to scream in someone's ear just so they can barely hear you.

Women go to dance, get free drinks, and get a much needed ego boost. Believe me, chicks are all fishing for compliments - even the incredibly hot ones. Learn to play the game - it gets old paying out and striking out. A good tactic is to look for the really hot chick with the average friend - while the hot one is dancing on the bar and is getting offered trips to Haiwaii, the average one is generally sitting alone and feeling juuuuust a tiny bit jealous. Move in. :p

Krassus

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2003
If she wants to hit up a club with a few girlfriends, i don't see a problem with that...

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
dance and have fun ...

meeting people in the dark and then having the lights turn on and scare the crap outta me is not a fun event.

hopeless879

Mar 4, 2002
All of the above.

All people go to clubs for different reasons. Some are there to try to meet somebody. Some are there just to go out and have a good time with friends. Who cares?

Rob9874

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
When I went to clubs, I went for one reason only: to find a girl drunk enough to go home with me. I remember the excitement of getting ready. Making yourself look your best so you would attract the chicks. The building anticipation about how this would be the night. And after 4 years of wishing and dreaming, you get real sick of it. I haven't been to a club in years. Now (at 29), I see these stupid young guys trying to show off their muscles to do the same thing. I just roll my eyes. Stupid posers.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
To meet someone attractive
To dance with buddies I came with
To do drugs, be drunk and have fun

Your poll doesN'T contain the option for "all of the above".

:p

rolleye.gif

isaacmacdonald

Platinum Member
Jun 7, 2002
you don't really need to go to a club to get drunk or score some drugs. I'd say #1 is more likely, but #2 is a possibility I suppose.

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Rob9874
When I went to clubs, I went for one reason only: to find a girl drunk enough to go home with me. I remember the excitement of getting ready. Making yourself look your best so you would attract the chicks. The building anticipation about how this would be the night. And after 4 years of wishing and dreaming, you get real sick of it. I haven't been to a club in years. Now (at 29), I see these stupid young guys trying to show off their muscles to do the same thing. I just roll my eyes. Stupid posers.
bitter much?

i used to go clubbing a bit, but i got bored of it cause it didn't lead anywhere for me. just cause you or me didn't have much "success" at clubs doesn't mean other guys do. do you honestly think this many people would go clubbing if it wasn't worthwhile? doubtful. anyway, i dont need clubs to meet girls... I know plenty of them from my day to day life, and some of the best ones i've met either online or at school.

and plenty of people go clubbing just to get sloshed and ahve a good time, and what happens happens. its not like everyone sets out just to get laid. although im sure enough do

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: crisp82
Syntax Error 101....

Just cos u can't go and have fun, doesn't mean all blokes don't. Not everyone goes out to pick girls up.
True, there ARE gay clubs. :p

rolleye.gif

(j'king about some guys not going to "have fun" . . . so of us males DO like to dance and some of us have gotten rather good at it enough to be noticed for our mad skilz). :D