Why do people fold bills?

tRaptor

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
WTF is with people folding bills in half the long way (like a hotdog bun)?
It makes no sence. Whenever people do that to me i makre sure to look anoyed and stand there and flatten it back out on the side of the counter.

tRaptor

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
I care becasue i have to deal with it. I'm just trying to understand why its a trend thats picking up :)

00Jones

Banned
Jul 15, 2001
Originally posted by: tRaptor
I care becasue i have to deal with it. I'm just trying to understand why its a trend thats picking up :)

You're just not hip! Only the cool people fold their bills!

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
I don't mind when they do it length-wise so long as it's not folded along with that. In fact, sometimes people give me bills that are so crappy, i give them a crease length-wise so they stay in the register if I'm ever on it. I'd much rather it fold up that way then stick up out of the cash register.

Just my 02 cents.

-silver

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
hey hey, calm down for a minute.
now, lets go back in there and edit that post to make it read proper!

kazamobah

Aug 4, 2001
I don't have a problem with it as long as there is no creaseing involved.

Having people give you wet money(worked near the shore) is worse.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Because it keeps the bill stiff, and it's easier to hand over a stiff bill than a floppy limp bill.

:p

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: kazamobah
I don't have a problem with it as long as there is no creaseing involved.

Having people give you wet money(worked near the shore) is worse.

Even worse is having guys wearing basketball shorts give you money.... that they've been carrying by their crotch because basketball shorts don't have pockets. Wet money will dry, but the thought of touching money that was rubbing against some guy's gear isn't good, especially if they are using it at a restaurant or something.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
I like people who fold bills a lot more than the asshats that crumple all the bills so they don't fit well into the cash drawer.