Why do news reporters ask such stupid questions? Are they that retarded!?!?!?

zmatrix

Mar 1, 2001
Ok, I was watching news last night and I could not believe some of the questions that came out of reporters' mouths.

One interview where the reporter was talking to a fireman:(Phrasing to best of my memory)

Fireman: Well, I am not only here to help, but I am here for a personal reason...my brother was on the 9Xth floor in one of the buildings.."
Reporter: So how does that make you feel?

Lame question! How the fvck do you think he felt mr. reporter? What an idiot!

Another one where a reporter was asking a doctor:

Reporter: "So how does it feel like being a doctor with no one to treat?"

Another lame question.

There were more but I can't remember at the moment. All I can say is that the mood is somber but yet these reporters are trying to report things that can be clearly seen on the faces of these individuals. I feel like they have nothing further to report than to get these poor people to you how bad it is when we all pretty much know how bad it is.

I hope I am not the only one feeling this way. Anyone else saw something else that was lame or stupid?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Yeah in some press conference one of them asked how bush was praying for this. It just seemed like such a dumb question.

Murphyrulez

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001
Woman on NBC just asked a volunteer if he had seen any of the body parts they were carrying out in buckets.

WTF???

Why?

Paul

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
I saw a man today, being interviewed as he searched desperately for his 26 year old son. The reporter says to him "Has it occured to you that your son may be dead, and you may never see him again?" OMG, like that has not crossed this fathers mind 1000 times already, and like he is not clinging to his last vestige of hope right now. I think I could have punched that reporter right in the head.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
That's because most of these reporters were qualified for their jobs not because of their abilities, but because of their looks.

LaBang

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2001
I hate Shepard Smith on Fox News. This guy is the biggest moron on television. He trys to talk poeticaly when he is reporting. When he comes on I just cringe and change the channel. Anyone else hate this fool?

CrazyHelloDeli

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2001
I think jackass peter jennings takes the cake for shoddy reporting. It wasnt even an hour after the attacks and this loser jumps on the air and says:

<< "Well, some presidents are just better at it than others," -- "Maybe it's wise that certain presidents just not try to address the people of the country." -- "Some presidents are articulate and some are not." >>

What kind of arrogant peice of trash says something like that? This peice of trash...

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
These people should back the hell up and let the rescue workers do their work. It's nice to know what is going on but I'd rather let these heroes take a break from a mentally and physically exhausting task.

Feb 24, 2001
there was some dumbass on abc the other night, some woman (this was like at 3 am) and was talking to the london press, and asked what john major thought of the situation. i couldnt believe it. the guy in london had this look on his face, took a very long pause and you could see that he was so pissed off. she hasnt been on again since.

Shagger

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2001
I like Peter Jennings, but I think he was being critical of the Prez because he wasn't coming on the air sooner to ease the fears of Americans. The prez couldn't for security reasons so I think PJ was off base in his criticism. I don't know if you remember but some of the early addresses the Clinton made were not good until he became more of a polished public speaker. Bush will do just fine as he grows into the role as leader, father figure, authoritarian, etc...

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

<< That's because most of these reporters were qualified for their jobs not because of their abilities, but because of their looks. >>

That's what I'm saying, watching the news last night and this female anchor made snide remarks about how Japan couldn't provide military support to US retaliatory measures.

Dipsh!t, if you had paid attention in high school history, you'd know that after WW2, Japan was demilitarized and is expressly prohibited from having any offensive military force.

At anyrate, I met a friend of a friend once though who was studying to get inside the media. He basically said that for women to get somewhere fast in the media industry, it's about how many "favors" they do for the execs. So you end up with these female anchors/reporters that aren't very bright, but good at something else.

thaRealest

Banned
Aug 10, 2001
The Stupidest Reporter Comment is...

from Joe Torres of ABC News who said Tuesday Night and I'm almost quoting him here...
"I feared for my life that the building was going to collapse on me, luckily, it fell on the other side"

I mean you talk about ignorance, the guy basically said that good thing that one of the towers fell on a mass amount of people on the other side instead of where he was standing.