Why do I have to hit the BACK button 3 times before I will go back to my previous page?

Scrapster

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2000
I'm using IE 5.5. If I'm surfing a thread or forum and I want to go back to a previous page, I will hit my back button. The first 2 times I hit it, it will do nothing. The third time will work though and take me to my previous page. This only happens with the forums. What's up with that?

Jason Clark

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Before anyone can help you more information is required. What page, where? As this an isolated issue.

Scrapster

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2000
Like I said, this happened on ANY page in the forums that I viewed. I'm at school right now on an ethernet connection and I don't have this problem anymore. Before I was at home on a modem connection. It just started happening today.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
It seems like I notice this if/when the banner ads are not loading properly, I have to use <back> several times for it to 'take' (if using back at all).

Praetor

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
Exactly as Yo-Ma-Ma said it. Whenever the ads don't load properly, the adserver automatically seems to retry to load. This usually results in the page seeming to load three times.

Kinda sucks. But it is a good argument to use Webwasher to eliminate this problem altogether. :)