why do girls love jerks? <<YAGT>>

McGyver

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2002
loosing sleep, lack of appetite, can't seem to focus; symptoms of being in love. but i know as well as everybody sane that getting a girl needs a lot more than that, be a player. the gameplan is to ignore her, be mean and act like a jerk. hopefully, she'll hit that.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
i dont know if i would take it to that extreme, but definitely dont show her just how interested you are or it wont be fun for her and you lose.

S Freud

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
i dont know if i would take it to that extreme, but definitely dont show her just how interested you are or it wont be fun for her and you lose.

Its sad how true that is, at least in my experience. I like a girl, started paying attention to her, got nowhere. So naturally I gave up, no more then a week later she starts texting me like crazy and asking to hang out and stuff.:confused:

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
I wonder if some female shrink ever wrote about this odd thing women do.

and none of that self esteem stuff people tend to use as a reason.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Nice guys have no control and no fun. Don't be afraid to be a dick... nice predictable guys are sitting alone most of the time.

You don't have to be a total jerk... just enough to make her know you are capable of being a bigger jerk, lol.

doze

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
You don't have to be an ass, just have a little self confidence and a slightly indifferent attitude and you'll do fine.

Cooljt1

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2002
confidence and the fact that the jerk just doesnt seem to give a ****** or "need" her which makes her try to qualify herself to them and win him over. there it is in a nutshell

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
It's not that girls like jerks, it's that girls like guys who are confident in themselves. People who are too nice, in general, seem to come across as push-overs. Hell, remove yourself from the situation for a second, and imagine seeing an attractive girl out with a guy who's fawning all over her; even you'd wonder what she's doing with him. People in general want a mate who values the relationship, but also knows that said relationship includes "alone time" for each party involved.

Triforceofcourage

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2004
Originally posted by: McGyver
loosing sleep, lack of appetite, can't seem to focus; symptoms of being in love. but i know as well as everybody sane that getting a girl needs a lot more than that, be a player. the gameplan is to ignore her, be mean and act like a jerk. hopefully, she'll hit that.

I agree, I have had most success when I acted aloof and like a dick. Its unfortunate but you will never get anywhere acting nice to a girl. Treat her well but make sure she knows she isn't the only game in town.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
They don't love jerks they just don't like needy dorks. Stop acting like a needy dork and you'd be surprised at the outcome.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
Everyone loves what they can't have, jerks blow off women all the time and it drives them nuts ;)

The key is confidence...even the most outgoing women want someone who takes control and tells her what they want.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: McGyver

I don't know about the above.

Most chicks are not looking for 'Prince Charming' to become their husbands...they want fun, they don't need a commitment anymore to do things in a bedroom, and they don't want someone following them around / checking up on them. In a dating scene, they may have other boyfriends.

Too many guys think they have to put a chick on a pedestal and when they see another guy not getting a door, or calling a chick a name/picking on her....they don't get it's probably exciting for both parties. She wants to try and get him to do things...when he does she 'wins' a bit...he wants her to do things, when she does he 'wins' a bit.

Lots of people just jump relationship to relationship though, on their first dates they are already picturing a life together.

Dean

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
They don't love jerks they just don't like needy dorks. Stop acting like a needy dork and you'd be surprised at the outcome.

It took Red quite a few decades to finally come to realize that philosophy OP. He speaks from experience! :D

......zing

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Dean

It took Red quite a few decades to finally come to realize that philosophy OP. He speaks from experience! :D

......zing
No it didn't, I just had to read your YAGT threads to come to that conclusion.

Dean

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

......zing

hahaha. Yeah I must have hundreds of them by now.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

......zing

Oops sorry, I misread your handle, I thought it said "Dork" instead of "Dean":laugh:

Dean

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

......zing

Oops sorry, I misread your handle, I thought it said "Dork" instead of "Dean":laugh:

hahaha. Now that comeback is more like it. For a minute there I thought you were losing your edge!!:laugh:

bobdelt

May 26, 2006
they want to tame the wild beast... they want the jerk, that will only be nice to them.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Here's what you should do:

Tell her that you're interested in her. If she says, "I'm not interested in you that way -- I think of you as a friend". Reply, "Ok, having you as a friend is good enough for me". Then be the best friend possible. Since you are happy just being around her, you will start exercisng. If she ask, "Have you been working out?" Reply, "Why, yes I have -- thanks for noticing!". Then continue to be happy while she is just your friend and you see her going out with other guys. Since you are happy, you will become more successful in life. You might get promoted and earn lots of money, buy a nice house, a nice car and stuff.

After a couple of years, she might start to "notice" you. You've been working out, you have a great job, make lots of money and is a great and loyal friend to her.

Now, if she makes a move and tries to kiss you with the hope of moving beyond the friendship stage, pull back and say, "What are you doing?". And if she says, "I think I have feelings for you". Reply back with, "I only think of you as a friend and I don't want to ruin this great friendship. I'm not interested in you in that way".