Why do Ferguson’s police officers look like soldiers?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
That's not what they were saying. They are saying that Brown was likely to act unexpectedly in the context of the situation the officer was familiar with, like struggling for the officer's weapon, which happened. :colbert:

You sure like stretching the truth and believing whatever fits your narrative. What else have the police told you that hasn't been corroborated by anyone else?

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
You sure like stretching the truth and believing whatever fits your narrative. What else have the police told you that hasn't been corroborated by anyone else?
Only an idiot would ignore the obvious reason for releasing the video and then say that people pointing it out are "twisting" it.

Brown and his companion obviously thought that the officer knew about the robbery when his companion responded by pushing the officer back in to the car and a struggle for the officer's gun ensued. This is not a new narrative. This is what they have said all along and the only thing that makes sense.

Last edited:

bradly1101

Diamond Member
May 5, 2013
www.bradlygsmith.org
Says the bumbling idiot who was duped by an Onion knockoff, an act so laughably stupid that entire websites are dedicated to ridiculing it. Are you at least competent enough to appreciate the irony?

You really don't think that we're easily duped? What about when banks wanted to increase mortgages? Weren't hundreds of thousands, if not millions, duped into thinking they could afford houses when they couldn't?

Guns are touted as a constitutional right. I agree that it was when state militias were common and they wanted the right for their members to carry their officially sanctioned firearms home with them so that they would be ready to fight. Guns should have gone the way of state militias. Yet gun ownership has never been higher. This easily misused and often dangerously wielded machine is couched by the NRA and gun manufacturers as a 'rights issue' when it's really a sales goal. Again the duping worked.

Were we duped into believing Hussein had WMD, or was part of 9/11? What about the Gulf of Tonkin?

It is well known that beef is linked to higher cancer rates and dairy is linked to high cholesterol, yet both have 'consumer councils' to get the word out that they want to sell more despite their unhealthiness, and what happens? Beef demand goes through the roof. We can easily be duped into consuming things that are bad for us, like big cars, soda, snack food, do I need to go on? Look around the world, we are easily the most obese country with high cancer rates. Gullible meet the gullet.

Heck I was duped when I Googled something and landed on a satirical website and shared it. But you know that, and apparently will never let me live it down. That's another thing we're not known for; forgiveness.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
You really don't think that we're easily duped? What about when banks wanted to increase mortgages? Weren't hundreds of thousands, if not millions, duped into thinking they could afford houses when they couldn't?

Guns are touted as a constitutional right. I agree that it was when state militias were common and they wanted the right for their members to carry their officially sanctioned firearms home with them so that they would be ready to fight. Guns should have gone the way of state militias. Yet gun ownership has never been higher. This easily misused and often dangerously wielded machine is couched by the NRA and gun manufacturers as a 'rights issue' when it's really a sales goal. Again the duping worked.

Were we duped into believing Hussein had WMD, or was part of 9/11? What about the Gulf of Tonkin?

It is well known that beef is linked to higher cancer rates and dairy is linked to high cholesterol, yet both have 'consumer councils' to get the word out that they want to sell more despite their unhealthiness, and what happens? Beef demand goes through the roof. We can easily be duped into consuming things that are bad for us, like big cars, soda, snack food, do I need to go on? Look around the world, we are easily the most obese country with high cancer rates. Gullible meet the gullet.

Heck I was duped when I Googled something and landed on a satirical website and shared it. But you know that, and apparently will never let me live it down. That's another thing we're not known for; forgiveness.

the 2nd amendment is hugely important. the founding fathers just fought off one tyrannical government. why would they give up their ability to do the same again in the future, if necessary?

cyclohexane

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2005
What happened to all the Clive Bundy guys who's all for fighting the government? Why aren't they in Ferguson? Bunch of pussies.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
It's all a song and dance. It's in the governments best interested to have militarized police so they can hold down any rebellions by terrori.... I mean citizens when things like this start to escalate.

Obama was completely against spying on Americans and touted that while he was a senator. Now the NSA spies on us more than it ever has under his watch. He isn't going to do jack shit about this either.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
tear gas is a banned chemical weapon for use in combat by international treaty. A treaty the U.S. has signed., but it is ok to use on civilians. Also using pepper spray in combat is a war crime.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
tear gas is a banned chemical weapon for use in combat by international treaty. A treaty the U.S. has signed., but it is ok to use on civilians. Also using pepper spray in combat is a war crime.
I saw a Fox News image caption that said that "tear gas is used in warfare." Last I checked, it was used for crowd control and non-lethal subduing while you try to inflict damage in warfare. Guess they were doubly wrong.