Why do Altima drivers have such attitudes?

mithrandir2001

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Today marked the third time that somebody in a (new) Altima tailgated me, which is a tremendous feat to begin with since I drive so fast. It's the same kind of driver everytime, too. Male, 30s or 40s, no passengers. Do they have something to prove? Is there some kind of competition going on because I drive an Accord, the segment leader? :p

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
if you had to drive one you'd be all pissed off and tailgating ppl too. trying to get off the road as quickly as possible before someone saw you. oh the horror.

~erik <- happy gti driver.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Hey! I drive an Altima you bastards!!

And no, I don't tailgate or anything like that. I think it's just that there are a lot of them on the road so the odds of a moron behind the wheel of one are higher. It was the nicest car I could afford when I bought it back in 1997.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Fausto1

And no, I don't tailgate or anything like that. I think it's just that there are a lot of them on the road so the odds of a moron behind the wheel of one are higher. It was the nicest car I could afford when I bought it back in 1997.

It is ok Fausto. You never tailgated me... :eek:

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: fisher
look at how he hangs his head in shame. so sad. so sad.

:D
Hey, I was poor back then....gimme a break!

At least I don't live in Acworth. :p

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
All right Fausto, I am calling you out. My wife drives an Altima, and we live in Acworth. So kiss my arse. ;)

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
that's low man!

actually i live in kennesaw. but if got a kennesaw address they wouldn't deliver mail to us (even tho the post office is 2 miles away). but by getting an acworth address (keep in mind we live in kennesaw) they would deliver our mail from a post office about 20 miles away. go figure.

yeah. i've met his wife too. she hangs her head in shame too. *grin*

errr wait, ulfwald knows where i live. she loves her car. it's great. yeah! *cough*

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Hmmm... I know a extremely hot girl from acworth... she is coming to visit me soon. Nothing wrong with Acworth!!!

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Ulfwald
All right Fausto, I am calling you out. My wife drives an Altima, and we live in Acworth. So kiss my arse. ;)
Hehe...sorry. :eek:

Could you maybe go teepee fisher's house for me since you're up near him? :p

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
yeah. he can teepee my tree. one tree. very small. at least i think i have a tree. now that i think about it, it might be on the neighbor's lot. i should really pay more attention. hehehe. and remember, eventually i'll make it to a lan! then i'll hafta pwn j00! ph33r.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: fisher
yeah. he can teepee my tree. one tree. very small. at least i think i have a tree. now that i think about it, it might be on the neighbor's lot. i should really pay more attention.

w00t! I'm gonna bury that bad boy! :D

prontospyder

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: mithrandir2001
Today marked the third time that somebody in a (new) Altima tailgated me, which is a tremendous feat to begin with since I drive so fast. It's the same kind of driver everytime, too. Male, 30s or 40s, no passengers. Do they have something to prove? Is there some kind of competition going on because I drive an Accord, the segment leader? :p

Yeah, there's definitely a heated competition between the Altima, Accord and Camry. Good thing you didn't race...it's dangerous.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Fausto1

Calm down, he said "new" Altima drivers, so you're exempt. :)

Ultima

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999
Someone did the brake thing to me for the first time since I've been driving.
I was on this 2 lane highway (on each side) where the limit was 70km/h/42mph and I went into the left lane to avoid an 18-wheeler and 4 cars coming on the highway from the very short entrance ramp. Within 5 seconds this Maxima tailgates me so close I can see the pores on the driver's face. I speed up to 90km/h/55mph to pass the truck and cars on the right. Now, this was just after I got my speeding ticket so I didn't want to take it any more than that.

Well, the Maxima comes even closer so I briefly tap the brakes then I signal and move into the right lane because I just passed the truck. The Maxima comes next to me and comes very close. After 2 seconds of that I think "wtf?" and slow down. He then goes in front of me and slams on the brakes, then he floors it and goes up to at least 140km/h/90mph (no I wasn't going that fast :)) estimated speed cause he flew away. What an ass.

prontospyder

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Ultima
Someone did the brake thing to me for the first time since I've been driving.
I was on this 2 lane highway (on each side) where the limit was 70km/h/42mph and I went into the left lane to avoid an 18-wheeler and 4 cars coming on the highway from the very short entrance ramp. Within 5 seconds this Maxima tailgates me so close I can see the pores on the driver's face. I speed up to 90km/h/55mph to pass the truck and cars on the right. Now, this was just after I got my speeding ticket so I didn't want to take it any more than that.

Well, the Maxima comes even closer so I briefly tap the brakes then I signal and move into the right lane because I just passed the truck. The Maxima comes next to me and comes very close. After 2 seconds of that I think "wtf?" and slow down. He then goes in front of me and slams on the brakes, then he floors it and goes up to at least 140km/h/90mph (no I wasn't going that fast :)) estimated speed cause he flew away. What an ass.

Sheesh...that sucks. Luckily, I didn't encounter a driver with that much road rage yet.

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Better an Altima than an SUV.

I was being tailgated bigtime in my 325 by a Pathfinder yesterday. I'd lose the guy on the twisties but he would just blast it on a straightaway.

My other car is an SUV and I know the thing will not stop faster than a small sedan so I drive like an old man in it. Why do these bonehead SUV drivers think they are driving sports cars?

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
Last time someone tried to tailgate me, I gave the e-brake a good tug. Got him to swerve across 3 lanes on 880 (right by Marina exit), he learned his lesson.

nyeturo989

Banned
May 2, 2002
Originally posted by: Doggiedog

Why do these bonehead SUV drivers think they are driving sports cars?

cuz we ownz the road beeotch. lol :)

JK. I kno why. It's b/c we... well, at least I do... miss driving cars. Right now i drive my Envoy. Then one day, my dad brought his rental Grand Am. That weekend, i didn't touch my envoy. I just had fun with the Grand AM. I missed making turns so fast w/o worring about tipping over. Oh well... In the end though, i still like suv betta, cuz it makes me THINK that i own the road.... ..... .... :D

psteng19

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: prontospyder
Originally posted by: mithrandir2001

Yeah, there's definitely a heated competition between the Altima, Accord and Camry. Good thing you didn't race...it's dangerous.

Actually, good thing you didn't race... he would smoke you :p

Damn, what's with all these Nissan drivers giving me a bad name...