Why do all the CC/Debit card companies do this in their commercials??

Frosty3799

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2000
They show someone sliding the companies card through the credit card reader's UPSIDE-DOWN so that the camera's can see the credit card name...

This sucks for anyone like me who runs a cash register, cause people are easily confused, and these commercials do a good job at it...

NewSc2

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Frosty3799
They show someone sliding the companies card through the credit card reader's UPSIDE-DOWN so that the camera's can see the credit card name...

This sucks for anyone like me who runs a cash register, cause people are easily confused, and these commercials do a good job at it...

uh. i never really paid attention to that.. but CC companies do it to show off their credit card.. like you said

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Ahh, the sweet sound of a credit card running through a scanner at 8:10am on a sunny Boxing Day morning.

Never mind me, i'm just rambling. :p

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: N8Magic
Ahh, the sweet sound of a credit card running through a scanner at 8:10am on a sunny Boxing Day morning.

Never mind me, i'm just rambling. :p

What the heck is Boxing Day?

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I hardly ever use my card in real life so I wouldn't know which way to slide it anyway.

Ehh..."in real life" as in a B&M place as opposed to online.

Or maybe not...?¿

rival

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2001
speaking of retarded things, whats up with that discover card that goes on your keychain, as if it took up alot of space in your wallet, its the same freaking thing </rant>

Placer14

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Frosty3799

Way to complain, ask and answer your own post. I never noticed myself.
(ahem)

Nef is such a cool word. Did it originate from someone's nick?

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
I seem to remember having a card (or maybe it was a gift card) that had the stripe on the bottom side, that way the name is right side up.

DJSnairdA

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2000
They are giving you a challenge at work and making things interesting Maybe that's a good thing? :)