Discussion Why did you really get the Vaccine shot?

Why did you really get the Vaccine shot?

• I'm responsible

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • I was scared to get sick

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • It was Free

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • I was scared of a GIANT hospital bill

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I love Bill Gates nano-bots tracking me where ever I go

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I own a small retail business and couldn't afford to get sick. Like literally I could not afford it. My business does close to 90% of it's sales for the ENTIRE year in a 6 to 8 week period starting in mid April and ending in mid June. If I was to contract Covid during that time period it would have been devastating.

That's why I got the shots. My family and my employees family depend on the financial success of my small business and I was NOT going to jeopardize that for anything.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I was basically required to for work, plus Connecticut had a deal where you got a free adult beverage if you showed proof that you were vaccinated.

So, hey.. free beer, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I have pre-existing conditions and so do my friends and the family I talk with. I opted to get it to protect them and the front line workers I encounter and because hospitals have better things to do than dealing with a idiot who won't get the vaccine. My family opted not to get to vaccine because apparently people on social media are more knowledgeable than doctors and scientists :rolleyes:.

Nov 8, 2012
Just took my vaccines like a good little boy that obeys the government ;)

No major reason other than it's probably whats best for me and the family.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
It was the responsible thing to do, though I wish I hadn't. Yesterday was 6 weeks since the second shot, my left arm is still in constant pain. Doctor says it happens to some people, recommended ice packs.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I was hoping it would bestow superpowers. That's what movies and comics have led me to expect of this sort of thing. I guess AZ/Oxford wasn't sufficiently 'experimental', dammit. I expect all those mRNA vaccine recipients will start to develop the echo-location abilities of a bat or the armoured-scales of a pangolin any day now, damn them.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Motostu

Oct 5, 2020
I was basically required to for work, plus Connecticut had a deal where you got a free adult beverage if you showed proof that you were vaccinated.

So, hey.. free beer, right?

I could get a free donut daily at Krispy Kreme with my card. I won't, but I could!

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I will probably get the vaccine in the future. I have lost 6-8 months of full mental and physical stamina for two consecutive years. I was confirmed positive and due the unusually similar parallel to full recovery for the prior illness with the confirmed case, I am strongly confident I got infected twice...thus signifying this thing will give the slip possibly every year....

I will probably pick the J&J as the clotting issue will likely not affect younger males whereas the Pfizer gives me a 1 in ten million chance of heart issues. But I am in no rush as they likely have more hiccups and fine-tuning before I really need it.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
A 50/50 combo of protecting myself and family and protecting others and stopping the ability of the virus to mutate. I read a lot about the vaccines and I only wanted the mRNA version. And that's what I got in April. Honestly, if a bunch of rednecks don't want to get it, I'd say fuck 'em, except I feel for the healthcare workers that have to deal with their dumbasses.

Plus I get free 5G and a free Fuck Steve Jobs tattoo.

Reactions: Muse

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
I assume you're talking about COVID specifically?

I would get a vaccine for just about anything i could if it's recommended & safe.
I get a flu shot every year. I'm in the process of getting my shingles vaccine. What was the vaccine we got as kids that left a large mark on our arms for years?(late '60s for me) Was that MMR?
If i could i'd get a Lyme vaccine.

If by getting a needle stuck in my arm once a year or once in my life will make me immune from or lessen the effects of a disease then i will.

dingster1

Mar 25, 2004
Healthcare worker. We’ll have to get it eventually anyway…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Because I want my chances of getting covid to be as little as possible and want to get things back to normal.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I wanted to be responsible and I was afraid of getting sick. COVID isn't something you want to mess around with. I'm covered with a good health insurance plan so cost wasn't a factor for me.

Where's the option for increased 5G coverage? :p

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Improved 5G reception in the boonies. Nanobot wireless recharging of Qi devices in my hand.

Oh. I almost forgot...
I'm also not a self-centered doucheknuckle with the wrong notion of what individuality and personal liberty is supposed to mean. So there was that, too.

Reactions: sandorski and Muse

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
  • I'm responsible
  • I was scared to get sick
  • It was Free
;)

I can't remember the last time I got injected for anything. Never did the yearly Flu shot like my parents (RIP) did.
Told the lady to be easy when she put in the needle on my right arm for the J&J vaccine. Barely felt it and none of the expected sore arm and symptoms the following days.

Last edited: