Why did you join the Anandtech forums?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
SynthDude2001 kept pushing me to join. Also, I was 16 and wanted help building my computer :)

TheGardener

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2014
Couldn't do without the benefit of being helped by the forum grammar Nazi's. Great guys! But what really keeps me here is learning life lessons like, there is no difference in how you use the drain in the toilet and the shower.

I see I am a Golden Member. Is that a coincidence or what?

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Couldn't do without the benefit of being helped by the forum grammar Nazi's. Great guys! But what really keeps me here is learning life lessons like, there is no difference in how you use the drain in the toilet and the shower.

I see I am a Golden Member. Is that a coincidence or what?

Here are some reasons why it is useful to urinate under the shower:
1. You are protecting the planet, literally
According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, peeing under the shower spares 27% of water flow as you don’t need to flush after urination.

2. Wound disinfection
You can disinfect a fresh cut or a wound with your own urine. It cleanses the wound, relaxes the spot and reduces the pain.
If the wound is serious, you should see a doctor.
3. Skin care
Urine is excellent for healing eczema and skin rashes. Urea can be found in many beauty skin products as an active ingredient. It balances the pH levels of the skin and it is also beneficial for people with sensitive and dry skin.
4. Destroys fungus
Urine solves the annoying fungus found on your feet. It is best to apply urine on the affected spot. The incredible results will appear after several days.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
It was relevant to my interests - computers. I lurked for at least a year because the place was hilarious back then. Comedy gold. Eventually I figured I'd get more out of it if I could participate, so I made an account.
I sure don't post much these days. Hard to believe I racked up all these posts. Probably only 1000 posts in the last five years.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Here are some reasons why it is useful to urinate under the shower:

4. Destroys fungus
Urine solves the annoying fungus found on your feet. It is best to apply urine on the affected spot. The incredible results will appear after several days.

I've been pissing on my foot for years because of this.

I find this to be untrue.

walrus

Golden Member
Dec 18, 2000
I looked it up once, my first post was a question about flashing the firm ware on a hard drive. I still have t-shirts and flashlights plus a few other free stuff I got way back in the old days from the Hot Deals with Free Stuff forum, used the tech forum a lot. Spent time in the off topic forum too.

renz20003

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2011
:colbert: What was your original account name?

*I* came here for the hot deals - when there were hot deals. There haven't been any hot deals in years; you younguns seem to think a 10% off sale is a hot deal. A hot deal was purchasing $150.01 worth of stuff, using a $30 off $150 coupon, free after rebates, other coupons, and in the end, having $5 extra in your pocket. Or, purchasing a $2500 computer for about $400 after rebates, thanks to an overlap of multiple rebates. I was also here learning how to overclock my Pentium 133. For both, I lurked quite a while; it was a year or two before I made my first post.

Casiotech....

crab

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2001
I wanted to sell some hardware. I believe I did so on another forum, but during the search I found AT. OT had sucked me in, and the rest is history.

Also, I was stuck on bedrest from summer 2000 to April 2002. I needed a forum to waste time.

May 11, 2008
Back when i was just a wee little computer program (NO VIRUS !) traversing the internet going from pc to pc, searching and gathering knowledge, i connected to this site and was amused and amazed. I decided to come back occasionally. Now there are all these data centers and cloud solutions... Now i can truly say : "For i are legion".

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
I'm not sure I ever joined the forum. I think I've always been here, even if my "join date" doesn't show it.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
I guess he found that jello

I've still got this one Kaido sent me years ago

StillGotIt.jpg

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Of course for the hot deals. I'd been here dozens of times and told my computer buddies at work about all the hot deals and tech help and one day we were all chatting on ICQ about all the hot deals when one said, hey did you read that really funny post over at the off topic forum? I hadn't even noticed there was an OT forum. That was the end. :blush: