Why did you choose the Icon you use here on Anandtech Forums?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
I used to be the psychedelic mushroom, because my username was something I said while shrooming. It fit well. I got bored of having the mushroom, and I thought the platypus looked cool, he looked stoned :). It was either that or the alien. I don't crack SETI so I tossed it.

late.

TDP

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
why are you so quick to flame someone just because thier opinion differs from your own... that just being narrow minded. i am more than willing to hear someones view on a certain subject and respect them for haveing it and thus far youv'e showed me nothing other than intolerance....

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Same as bigvince.. ;) But I quit last month, so I could pass a test/get a job.. But now I have a job, so..... ;) Still haven't had any since i quit, though.

But I'll keep the icon.. cause I have hair down to the middle of my back :)

(Hey! It's hard to headbang without something to give you momentum.. And, It's just fun to flip around while playing the guitar.. ;))

Psychoholic

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Whhossshhh
That was the sound of my joke going straight over your head Vince, lighten up.

PM me if you need to, let's just not stray this thread off topic.

Bakwetu

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
'cause it's me, I'm one of those small beings living inside rocks. The elf has the coolest ears don't you think?

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
PINK PINK PINK!!! I was once "Crazy" but I saw the light. Seek the truth in pink. Lest three face thy maker on judgement day as some pathetic lower life form like some flat beaked swimming rat.

Windogg

jhu

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
i'm a deranged psychopath. there wasn't (and still isn't) a deranged psychopath icon.

ChrichtonsGirl

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2000
I used to be the green-haired woman, but some people ;) seeing it were expecting Wombat Woman instead of my inferior self...then I switched to the teen woman because I couldn't think of anyone else who had it. It is sort of a scary face though, so I switched to the Asian Woman 2, because I refuse to be assimilated into the Pink Hairs. I'm not Asian, but I am a woman. :) Really.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
Snow Patrol, I'm part of the cult now. We don't let people leave after they've been in as long as I have. Plus I don't feel right with any other icon anymore.

dogbite

Banned
Jan 3, 2000
Got bit by the same dog three times,but only needed stiches twice................................

snow patrol

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2000
fair enough evan :) In actual fact, I can't even remember what your icon was before, and it'd be odd seeing you with a different one.

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
This avatar reminds me of the green-skinned Orion slave girl from Star Trek TOS. Either that, or a Chia head shaped like Pat Benatar. Ah, how often I have fantasized about being the Jolly Green Giant's illegitimate midget daughter or the Love Child of Kermit and Miss Piggy.

But the REAL reason why I chose this avatar was to piss off ChrichtonsGirl. :D