Why did Corsair XMS2 (non-Dominator) just go up in price by $100 at NewEgg?

Atty

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
You guys think it's bad now, you should have tried buying last August when Core 2's released. :(

$320 for a 2GB set, ugh, what a travesty.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Meh, just get the G.Skill DDR2-800 2GBHZ for $155 no rebate and they are much more uber than Corsair's junk.

and yes...last august memory was a ripoff

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Yeah newegg will often raise prices drastically when they are low on stock. Its called supply and demand.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Yep look what they did with the e6600 right after the price drop. It went down for like a day or two then started creeping back up.

Skeeedunt

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
Ha I noticed that too, I've been looking to pick up a second pair. Don't despair though, it's back down to $112 after rebate. Right now anyway ;)

On a related note, does anyone know how long you need to wait before you're eligible for another rebate? I picked a pair of these AR a couple months ago, and don't want to be disqualified ("one rebate per household..."). Does it just have to be a different promotion period?

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Skeeedunt
Ha I noticed that too, I've been looking to pick up a second pair. Don't despair though, it's back down to $112 after rebate. Right now anyway ;)

On a related note, does anyone know how long you need to wait before you're eligible for another rebate? I picked a pair of these AR a couple months ago, and don't want to be disqualified ("one rebate per household..."). Does it just have to be a different promotion period?

I kinda want to know about that rebate thing as well. Looking to pick up a second set of memory.

Skeeedunt

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Imported
Originally posted by: Skeeedunt

I kinda want to know about that rebate thing as well. Looking to pick up a second set of memory.

Oh man $104 now.

I sent Newegg an email asking them about this. I'll post back with their response, but rebates being as shady as they are I'm kind of hesitant to take their word for it.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Fallengod
Yeah newegg will often raise prices drastically when they are low on stock. Its called supply and demand.

Yeah, like when they jacked up the price of the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro to around $50 when the going price was around $20-25.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Hah, that was a bit much. It was bad enough when they were charging around $1300-$1700 for QX6700s, but the $50 Freezer Pros were insane. I still can't believe they jacked up the price on such a common, high-volume part.