Why CEOs hate Obama

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You must be a over privileged fat professor or something living in a first world country who is totally oblivious about what goes on in the rest of the world...

I'm not a professor. I lack the intelligence and the drive to be one. Sorry

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Others are speaking out because they're miffed by Obama's perceived anti-business actions. James Tisch, the CEO of Loews (L, news, msgs), which owns half of Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO, news, msgs), complained in an August interview with Bloomberg News that Obama's commission to investigate the BP (BP, news, msgs) oil spill wasn't adequately considering oil interests. "That sends a strong message to American industry that if your industry gets in trouble, there's a possibility you won't get a fair shake," Tisch said.

Why yes, investigating a company responsible for a huge oil spill is against oil interests. Good thing there are people here to shill for these poor billionaires.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I like how everyone is attacking spidy and ignoring what the CEOs themselves are saying.

It should be clear to anyone paying attention that Obama and his team have no clue at all about creating jobs.

Obama and the Democrats push through all these mandates and regulations that hurt businesses and then they sit back and scratch their heads in confusing when the businesses stop hiring.

The job market is growing as is business income. The recession is over. Soon democrats will begin to work on the deficit, but not yet. Bush almost killed us and it will take more time to fully recover. Meanwhile the assholes of the right will scream about the conditions they created and use them to try to get elected, fucking worthless scum that they are.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I like how everyone is attacking spidy and ignoring what the CEOs themselves are saying.

It should be clear to anyone paying attention that Obama and his team have no clue at all about creating jobs.

Obama and the Democrats push through all these mandates and regulations that hurt businesses and then they sit back and scratch their heads in confusing when the businesses stop hiring.
Such as? Come on, spit it out, which specific mandates and regulations. Can't point to the health care reform law, that's a score for the insurance lobby. If you haven't noticed, the Dems and Obama ain't done much of anything since the election. That is why the Reps odds are looking up for this November.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

I, for one, do not believe that CEOs have the best interests of our country in mind when they make their decisions/claims.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
I love reading the loony left and right who are CONVINCED the president (Clinton, Bush, Obama, ad nauseum) are hell bent on DESTROYING AMERICA. They ran for office secretly hoping they win so they can bring about the end of Western Civilization.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! They elected me? YOU FOOLS!!!!

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Such as? Come on, spit it out, which specific mandates and regulations. Can't point to the health care reform law, that's a score for the insurance lobby. If you haven't noticed, the Dems and Obama ain't done much of anything since the election. That is why the Reps odds are looking up for this November.
Healthcare is the big one. Everyone suffers from that massive bill.

Insurance premiums are going up for everyone, including businesses and the portion they spend to provide coverage. Financial regulations via that bank bill is another big problem for businesses. Look at all the new regulations they have to comply with and all the money they will spend doing so.

The long term uncertainty created by Obama and his runaway spending is another problem as it creates questions as to what will happen to interest rates and inflation in the future.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I love reading the loony left and right who are CONVINCED the president (Clinton, Bush, Obama, ad nauseum) are hell bent on DESTROYING AMERICA. They ran for office secretly hoping they win so they can bring about the end of Western Civilization.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! They elected me? YOU FOOLS!!!!

Obama constantly laid out his plan for our destruction in his campaign. Problem is people weren't listening to what he was saying and are now surprised at what he's doing to harm America. He's just doing what he said he was going to do.

Nov 30, 2006
The job market is growing as is business income. The recession is over. Soon democrats will begin to work on the deficit, but not yet. Bush almost killed us and it will take more time to fully recover. Meanwhile the assholes of the right will scream about the conditions they created and use them to try to get elected, fucking worthless scum that they are.
Moonie...me thinks you might want to invest a little time into learning what happened and why it happened.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
I, for one, do not believe that CEOs have the best interests of our country in mind when they make their decisions/claims.
So the CEOs are out to destroy the country??

All they care about is making profits and will do what is necessary to do so.

You may not like their goals, but at least they are honest about them which is more than can be said about politician who do not even release the details of their bills until after they are passed.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

You may not like their goals, but at least they are honest about them which is more than can be said about politician who do not even release the details of their bills until after they are passed.
Did I say they are out to destroy the country? No. What I am saying is exactly what you are saying. If they could raise their stock price a 1/4 point by destroying the country, do you think they would hesitate to flush? Just like every politician is saying things purely to be re-elected, every CEO is saying things purely for the benefit of their own bottom line.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Moonie...me thinks you might want to invest a little time into learning what happened and why it happened.

No thanks. Everybody who actually knows something is considered an ass by the 99 percent who know nothing. I am too sensitive to handle that kind of contempt.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Boy, with deductive reasoning like that it's easy to see why you're way way out in right field. You should start making all your decisions based on flipping a stick.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I believe in a capitalistic society, however; the CEO's are not playing by the rules of one anymore.

In the past during crappy years the CEO took concessions. Today they give themselves raises because the losses weren't as bad as projected.

It's messed up. The government bailing them out is not helping though.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I believe in a capitalistic society, however; the CEO's are not playing by the rules of one anymore.

In the past during crappy years the CEO took concessions. Today they give themselves raises because the losses weren't as bad as projected.

In a competative world you take every advantage you can get and kick the next guy in the teeth for good measure and insurance. CEOs play by the rules and they make the rules. Killer instinct. The scums at the top of the pond.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I find it hilarious that after the ass raping the ultra rich have given this country, the republicans are fighting tooth and nail to prevent them from having to repay even a miniscule portion of it.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006

They gave themselves raises because there are so many government safety nets that their business cannot possibly fail...thus there's no reason for them to attempt to be frugal. The government will just come and bail them out.

That said, even if the majority of CEOs made a salary of $0, distributed amongst their employes would only be like $0.50 per employee...so it's kind of irrelevant anyway.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I understand...one has to keep one's priorities straight.

Yes. For example, you will want to continue to believe I need to learn more about what happened and why and that you need to tell me that rather than what you think I don't know and why I should know it.

But if we did it that way you might risk finding out that what you think you know and why you think you know it pales in comparison to what I know and why, eh?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
They gave themselves raises because there are so many government safety nets that their business cannot possibly fail...thus there's no reason for them to attempt to be frugal. The government will just come and bail them out.

That said, even if the majority of CEOs made a salary of $0, distributed amongst their employes would only be like $0.50 per employee...so it's kind of irrelevant anyway.

Can I see the link to the fifty cents?