Why can't i play BF1942 online?

IL2SturmovikPilot

Jan 31, 2008
Whenever i try to join a game,it doesn't connect,saying wrong version do you want to update? I click yes and i try to join that game again,and it comes up again,what do i have to do in order to get online?

bdubyah

Nov 20, 2007
damn, people still play this? lol, i miss that game. shame i had a terrible connection then and never really played it much online. do you have the 1.61b patch? that is the newest version out i believe.

Apr 17, 2005
dude, that shit happened to me so much and frustrated the hell out of me. i never got it fully resolved. however here is what you can do to get some servers to work: install the big ass update and then there is a smaller one...find and install that one too. you should be able to join certain servers then.

you'll have to download the patch from somewhere else, EA is so stupid/cheap that they don't even host their own files :disgust:

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
dont forget to manually update your punkbuster as well (pbsetup.exe)

Jakeisbest

Feb 1, 2008
I have had similar strange unidentifiable connection problems with a large number of EA games.

The game will ask me to update, or allow me to join only then to lag out, allow me to join then not be able to see any other players, and a long list of other annoying problems. What is even more frustrating is that some times I can go for days with not issues then BAM! A week of shit.

I think it comes down to EA making poorly written games.

IL2SturmovikPilot

Jan 31, 2008
Well,i installed the 1.61 Patch,so i can join games,however,when i try to join a game,Punkbuster kicks me out even before i can choose sides,much less get into the action,guess i gotta update Punkbuster,oh and to all the EA haters out there,find me a $10 WW2 FPS that lets you do all the stuff you can do in BF1942 and more and i'll swear off EA forever ;)

IL2SturmovikPilot

Jan 31, 2008
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
^thats the problem...1942 r0xorz by b0xorz. i just wish the game was more polished.
Gotta agree with you there,my main gripe is the fact that aircraft durability is worth shit....i even managed to finish off a Zero with a Colt Pistol for God Sake.

Unless,anyone know of any mods that make aircraft more durable or anything along those lines? :D

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
BF1942: Desert Combat is still the single most fun multiplayer experience out there.

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
Originally posted by: IL2SturmovikPilot
Well,i installed the 1.61 Patch,so i can join games,however,when i try to join a game,Punkbuster kicks me out even before i can choose sides,much less get into the action,guess i gotta update Punkbuster,oh and to all the EA haters out there,find me a $10 WW2 FPS that lets you do all the stuff you can do in BF1942 and more and i'll swear off EA forever ;)

You have to check the little 'punkbuster' box on the server selection screen (lower left corner?) in order to join pb-enabled servers. I sometimes forget to do that after a rebuild and end up scratching my head for a bit........lol.

IL2SturmovikPilot

Jan 31, 2008
Originally posted by: mrblotto
Originally posted by: IL2SturmovikPilot

You have to check the little 'punkbuster' box on the server selection screen (lower left corner?) in order to join pb-enabled servers. I sometimes forget to do that after a rebuild and end up scratching my head for a bit........lol.
I could have swored i had that checked,maybe i was wrong,i'll try it again tomorrow,also updated it BTW.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
There are still a lot of people playing the game just by looking at the server lists. I played it pretty heavily until about 3 years ago.

bdubyah

Nov 20, 2007
i don't really play it much anymore. every once in a while i'll check out is82.com and see if anyone is playing interstate1982 and i'll jump on their server.