Why California needs Proposition 8..........

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: tealk
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
Oh this is going to be so delicious. This thread has no reached epic proportions.

So you're equating homosexuality with thieving, drunkenness, greed, adultery, prostitution and abuse (though, not as much mental abuse as reading your posts)?

Fantastic.

What, pray tell, would you (or Jesus, if you can differentiate) have us do with these "social degenerates"?

Pray for them

Great, good luck with that. Keep doing that and keep your nose out of their business and everyone will get along nicely.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Lord Jesus...forgive them for they know not what they say. Bring everlasting life of your breath to their lives. Amen!

No, I know exactly what I'm saying and I'm saying that you've missed the entire point of your religion.

this

2 guys loving each other > 1 christian hating on them

tealk

Diamond Member
May 27, 2005
How is saying my views or anyones views discriminating?

Thanks for the name calling...you sound like an awesome person.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

Are you serious?

Because you believe that gay's don't deserve to get married. That is discrimination.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Agreed....I don't want my 5 year old learning that homosexuality is in any way moral.

Nice post OP.

The world will be a better place when your generation dies.

May the Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on you all.

BLOOD FOR BAAL! BLOOD FOR BAAL!

:p

tealk

Diamond Member
May 27, 2005
Originally posted by: mrSHEiK124
I staunchly believe the whole "Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" shtick, and the whole "teh ghey is religiously immoral" bit. But for fuck's sake, VOTE NO. If you actually believe that God will punish teh ghey, then leave it to God. You think homosexuality is wrong, God knows you aren't gay, focus on your own shortcomings and just let teh gheys be gay. Honestly, the fundy right-wing holier than thou attitude has me disgusted, and I like to think I'm religious...

Look back at my post..never did I say I am holier then though...I am not and never will be....you unfortunately are the ones calling names.
Thanks for swearing....really helps your "view".

Your post was made as I was writing mine, but I've just now read it, and I'm not indulging in any of those sins that would keep me out of the Kingdom of God. And I'm not Christian, I'm Muslim, I don't believe someone had to die for my sins, I am accountable for what I do in front of God and that's what matters. I'm not a homophobe, and I'm not gay (come on, boobs > *, everyone knows that); and I'm open minded enough to not give a shit about gays getting married because again, if you actually believe what you preach, then they will not enter the Kingdom of God and it's no sweat off your back.

Lord Jesus...forgive them for they know not what they say. Bring everlasting life of your breath to their lives. Amen!

No, I know exactly what I'm saying and I'm saying that you've missed the entire point of your religion.

This. Jesus didn't want you walking around thinking you're better than anyone else, you use his teachings to to make the world a better place, not spread hate; whatever happened to humility?

So Muslims swear when they talk to others alot huh? "allah" would be proud of you.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004

Why is your only response anger at being called names? You really think you sound like any better of a person?

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I staunchly believe the whole "Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" shtick, and the whole "teh ghey is religiously immoral" bit. But for fuck's sake, VOTE NO. If you actually believe that God will punish teh ghey, then leave it to God. You think homosexuality is wrong, God knows you aren't gay, focus on your own shortcomings and just let teh gheys be gay. Honestly, the fundy right-wing holier than thou attitude has me disgusted, and I like to think I'm religious...

Look back at my post..never did I say I am holier then though...I am not and never will be....you unfortunately are the ones calling names.

Your post was made as I was writing mine, but I've just now read it, and I'm not indulging in any of those sins that would keep me out of the Kingdom of God. And I'm not Christian, I'm Muslim, I don't believe someone had to die for my sins, I am accountable for what I do in front of God and that's what matters. I'm not a homophobe, and I'm not gay (come on, boobs > *, everyone knows that); and I'm open minded enough to not give a shit about gays getting married because again, if you actually believe what you preach, then they will not enter the Kingdom of God and it's no sweat off your back.

This. Jesus didn't want you walking around thinking you're better than anyone else, you use his teachings to to make the world a better place, not spread hate; whatever happened to humility?

So Muslims swear when they talk to others alot huh? "allah" would be proud of you.

way to avoid the point entirely

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000

Jesus would vote no on Prop 8.

Then he would turn to those that support the denigration of others and say that we are ALL created in the image of God

and we are ALL loved by God.

And it is a love that is not earned.

you need to learn this, the love that God has for you is not earned.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
k this thread is moving too fast, i gotta work. have fun guys :)

VOTE NO ON H8

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
I AM an awesome person. Modest too, however that is neither here nor there.

Here's what I'm saying to you and I'll keep the name calling to a minimum:

If you really, REALLY think that Jesus (not the Jesus that many Christian fundamentalists have invented in their hive-mind but the one that the Bible talks about) had a lot of crazy, hippy ideals about loving everyone and casting the first stone, that sort of thing. If you honestly believe that he would want you on the ground, voting to strip two loving people the right to a life long marriage, then I don't know what else to tell you. You would be a hopeless case.

Are you a hopeless case?

tealk

Diamond Member
May 27, 2005
Bye....Will pray for you all. Jesus loves you very much....all sinners, good, bad, everyone.....Just come to him. AMEN!

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

Tealk is the Pharisee who uses the words and has not the spirit. You are the one, tealk, who needs the change to understand right and wrong.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Agreed....I don't want my 5 year old learning that homosexuality is in any way moral.

Nice post OP.

In other words, you're proud that you and the OP are bigots, and you want to infect your kid with your hatered.

PA-fucking-THETIC! :thumbsdown: :frown:

I doubt that your so called "prince of peace" would endorse your blind, malicious, bigoted hatred of others who have not harmed you or acted against you in any way. :roll:

As I said, earlier, "Christians" who attempt to use their religion to justify their bigotry and hatred of others are a good reason to root for the Lions.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If this is the same Jesus Christ, in your mind, that wants to take away intrinsic rights from people, I'll take my chances alone, thanks.

I'm not religious but seriously, have you even READ the Bible?

Have you? But as you said "I'm not religious"

You invoke Jesus.

Feel free to provide whatever red-texted Jesus speak, the words from the savior's mouth as recorded in the Bible, mention ANYTHING about homosexuality.

take your time...

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004

Again, your lack of any rational thought is showing. I swear, and suddenly Muslims swear when they talk to others. I swear a lot, that is one of my personal quirks, and I'll own up to it. Sharia/Quran/any Islamic teachings say I shouldn't be vulgar with my speech; tough, I'll have to repent for that, it's one of my weaknesses. Way to completely avoid the point though, and continue proving that you're as opinionated as can possibly be, and truly don't understand the teachings you so strongly claim to adhere to. Jesus would tell you to show me the error of my ways, and try and guide me away from vulgarity; you simply choose to bash me for it. See what I did there?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You answer my question first, then we'll talk about me.

Don?t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don?t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people?none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Are there are several more. Throughout

not the words of Jesus. try again.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Bye....Will pray for you all. Jesus loves you very much....all sinners, good, bad, everyone.....Just come to him. AMEN!

oh, thank you so much. My sinful soul could really use that extra boost. I hope we're not praying to the same god, btw. I don't want you sending me to the wrong place...

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007

Nice post OP.

The world will be a better place when your generation dies.

:laugh:

Jesus Fucking Christ, how's lala land these days?

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
This thread needs more Jesus.

Are you telling me Jesus never peaked over while he was standing at the meat-trough urinal at a sporting event, just to compare?

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Jesus says let there be buttsecks, and there was buttsecks w/ altar boys. Nice try you fucking hypocrites.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
I wonder when the Supreme Court will ultimately have to stop ducking this issue. I don't know how many years we can travel down a road as a country where a marriage is recognized in some states but not in others. It's not a tenable long-term situation.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: jonks
I wonder when the Supreme Court will ultimately have to stop ducking this issue. I don't know how many years we can travel down a road as a country where a marriage is recognized in some states but not in others. It's not a tenable long-term situation.
There will have to be money involved somehow - it impeding some wealthy collection from getting wealthier.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Nice post OP.

I don't want my five year old learning that what two consenting adults do in their own bedroom is in any way your damn business.