Why aren't there any threads about how great a president John McCain would be?

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
McCain Supporters seem prolific in their attacks on Obama, but I never see any threads or even comments in these forums about how great a president John McCain would be.

I wonder why that is?

(could it be that deep in their hearts they know John McCain is just as lame to Republicans as Kerry / Edwards probably was to Democrats ins 2004?)

:)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
I don't think you'll find many McCain cheerleaders here - that is why. I am not a McCain fan and may end up sitting on my hands this fall but that doesn't mean I can't post about Obamamrama's misguided politics. :)

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
This forum leans HEAVILY towards Democrats (which makes sense if you consider the target demographic of AnandTech).

That's the main reason why you won't see much in terms of praise for McSame. It also explains why Prof has enough Zoloft in his medicine cabinet to last him through November.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
That is an honest answer that I can respect, even if I disagree with.

I would think, though, that you should be rooting for an Obama / Democratic landslide in November, hope they get drunk with power, get booted out of office during the next mid-term and presidential elections, and get replaced by a new, non-neocon Republican Party.

:confused:

AnnonUSA

Nov 18, 2007
You aren't going to find many threads of how good any of the three idiots running are going to be, because they will all be bad in different but equally damaging ways.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Well because he's so closely associated with Bush and we all know what kind of President Bush is.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
I think a lot of the Republican lemmings that are now supposed to be McCain supporters are stubbornly staying as Ron Paul supporters..

I know I am.. McCain is basically the same as Hillary.. neither gets my vote.

I'll vote who I feel like voting for - not for the 'lesser of evils.'

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Well because he's so closely associated with Bush and we all know what kind of President Bush is.

But yet you were a McCain supporter in 2000 - right? His positions/ideals haven't changed...

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

But yet you were a McCain supporter in 2000 - right? His positions/ideals haven't changed...
That was a joke, right?

And in 2000, Bush was still a disaster in the making. Few knew how badly he would f**k up over the next eight years.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
Irrespective of who becomes president, it would be comforting to know that George W. Bush's only lasting legacy is that he completely destroyed the Republican Party (as it is currently constituted).

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
One of my concerns with him is his age.
I don't want the country to get into another situation like we did with Reagan .
I'm not saying we need age limits on presidents, but its something to consider.
He will be 74/75 when he finishes his term if elected.

My dad is 76 and for the most part is in good health.
But he is forgetful sometimes and I think the stress of being president ages people faster than normal.
Just look at all the presidents pictures of when they enter office and then again 4 years later.
They look like they aged 10 years.

Look at these examples:
http://wafflesatnoon.com/2008/...dents-age-differently/

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
My main issues with McCain are:
- he is that he is too beholden to the current Republican Party (who controls his purse strings)
- he wants to be president so badly that he will happily play puppet president for four years, retire, then turn over the reins to Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2012.

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Republicans haven't been truly happy with their candidate since Reagan. The truth is, they are much better at tearing down the opponent than justifying their candidate. I'd love to see one Republican actually leave office with LESS deficit than when they came in...just one small request from the party of fiscal responsibility...

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Todays he's Bush Jr. and a vote for him is like voting for Bush again. Bush has done enormous damage to out country and another 4 years of Bush policies would only do more damage.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: mshan

Topic Title: Why aren't there any threads about how great a president John McCain would be?

Because McSame's model, his Traitor In Chief has been such a disaster that any such thread would be a fairy tale devoid of reality.

The last time he was running for President against Bushlite, Karl Rove's machine used the same lie and smear tactics against him that they did against John Kerry and Max Cleland, who is also a quadraplegic vet. In McSame's case, they accused him of fathering an African American child out of wedlock. The truth is, they adopted her.

If McSame had the scantest sliver of integrity, he wouldn't have backed W. He didn't have to endorse Kerry. He could have simply stood silent and said nothing. Instead, I saw his cowardly ass on that stage, backing Bush's candidacy.

Considering where that took us, and considering that he's already said he wants to continue the same losing policies, it shows that, in addition to having NO credibility or integrity, he lacks any kind of judgment, whatsoever.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
Sadly, I think that truly pathetic picture of McCain hugging a still rather disdainful Bush says it all.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

mccain has changed alot lately, at least publicly. We have no way to know what he actually thinks/believes, assuming that its different from the positions he has recently taken in public.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
McCain Supporters seem prolific in their attacks on Obama, but I never see any threads or even comments in these forums about how great a president John McCain would be.

I wonder why that is?

(could it be that deep in their hearts they know John McCain is just as lame to Republicans as Kerry / Edwards probably was to Democrats ins 2004?)
Find me a thread which claims Obama will be a great President.

Look at most of the threads around here and you will notice that they are mainly 'anti' threads.
Hillary sucks because...
Bush sucks because... etc etc

Ron Paul was about the only one getting threads about how great he was.

AnnonUSA

Nov 18, 2007
People in this country can still make a difference. Write in Ron Paul. I will do this without a doubt. Screw the current parties that depend on media popularity, election year legislation gimmicks, and/or fear mongering to garner votes.

People do not seem to remember that they can vote from off the "menu". The US government needs a wake up call, voting for none of the "chosen few" would provide that wake up call.

I implore everyone, everywhere, to tell everyone you know to vote outside the lines, Write in Ron Paul, or vote for independent candidates. Send the two party system an eviction notice.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Bush didn't ruin the Republican party- they ruined themselves. The bush presidency is merely the culmination of 30+ years of rightwing doublespeak and agitation against legitimate and responsible govt. It's been the greatest looting spree in the history of the world, class warfare initiated by the very wealthy few against the rest of us, and against the whole world, really.

A McCain presidency would merely perpetuate that, something that will only become clearer between now and november. He sold out in 2004, campaigning for bush, in preparation for his campaign of today. If he makes it to the Whitehouse, it'll only be because he's been bought and paid for by the people who stood Bush up in the same role... the same way.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
Bush didn't ruin the Republican party- they ruined themselves. The bush presidency is merely the culmination of 30+ years of rightwing doublespeak and agitation against legitimate and responsible govt. It's been the greatest looting spree in the history of the world, class warfare initiated by the very wealthy few against the rest of us, and against the whole world, really.

A McCain presidency would merely perpetuate that, something that will only become clearer between now and november. He sold out in 2004, campaigning for bush, in preparation for his campaign of today. If he makes it to the Whitehouse, it'll only be because he's been bought and paid for by the people who stood Bush up in the same role... the same way.
Explain to me how the budget got balanced in the 1990s AFTER Republicans took over control of congress.

Democrats controlled congress for 40 years and couldn't balanced the budget, it took Republicans only 4 to balance the budget... hmmmmm

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jpeyton

And in 2000, Bush was still a disaster in the making. Few knew how badly he would f**k up over the next eight years.

And therein lies the problem. I guess I was one of "the few," and it was clear before he was elected what a slimy POS Bush was. It became crystal clear when he hijacked our forces away from the war he should already have won, but has failed to win, in Afghanistan so he could murder 4,078 American troops (as of today) in his war of lies in Iraq.

Events since then have only confirmed our worst fears and added more when it became obivous Bush is also a traitor fully willing to shred the rights guaranteed to every American citizen under the U.S. Constitution to further his criminal enterprises.

Back to the OP's topic -- If you liked the treason, murder, torture, war crimes, war profiteering and general corruption of the last seven years, McSame is your guy.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

I wonder why that is?

Find me a thread which claims Obama will be a great President.

Look at most of the threads around here and you will notice that they are mainly 'anti' threads.
Hillary sucks because...
Bush sucks because... etc etc

Ron Paul was about the only one getting threads about how great he was.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In some ways, I think Non Prof John makes a few points but I profoundly disagree with his bottom line conclusions.

A. Regardless of what non Prof John maintains, the GOP electorate rejected GWB and his clones and see the primary results in 2008 to get PROOF of that. Its not that the GOP electorate has lost its senses, they were fooled and now wake up. Its people like GWB&co, non Prof John, Rush Limbaugh, and even Ronald Reagan who never were part of GOP values.

B. Obama is regarded as the best choice simply because he is regarded as the best consensus thinker. A uniter and not a divider. And thus has a potential not present in Hillary or McCain to be that great President to lead out out of the morass of our current stinking thinking. He gets great threads on this forum sadly marred by a ton of detractors.

C. The American voter saw through the pie in the sky promises of Ron Paul. Ron Paul supporters were deluded but not the American public. All the Ron Paul, how great he was threads in the world, could not disguise the massive rejection.

D. There is more than mere threads to---Bush sucks because... etc etc. GWB&co sucks because the results Prove IT. In the grand scheme of things, McCain would have been infinitely better than GWB in 2000. But it was delusional GOP voters in 2000 that choose GWB over McCain in 2000. Now the GOP reaps what it sowed and do not blame democrats, McCain time has come and gone, too little, too late. In a country of the blind, McCain is at best, the one eyed man with blurry vision in his good eye.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I really don't think this forum is heavily leaning toward one or the other. I really think the American people are real tired of the bush game....

That is why you don't see a lot of "R" BS here.... And there have been at least 5 or so threads on what would happen if he won. And it's always the same conclusion ...
More of the SAME BS!