Why are you fat?!?!?!?!

SoftwareEng

Apr 24, 2005
ok, so why are YOU fat? You have a higher risk of heart disease, get tired more easily, are difficult to hug, and don't look your best. Pics? :camera:

Note: Results will benefit the World Hunger Association and Obese Kids against the War in Iraq coalition :)

P.S. No offense to all the volumetrically challenged members out there :cookie:

I recommend the Abs Diet and Eating Healthy book!

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
im not ...

and i'm a Softare Engineer as my job too (thought i'd say that since that is your name on here :p)

jlbenedict

Banned
Jul 10, 2005
I've become lazy lately. I have my own equipment, but somehow NCAA Football 2007 seems to be calling my name when I get home from work.

TravisT

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2002
I'm not really fat, but have put on some pounds since high school. It all relates to lack of exercise. I think "genetics" is merely an excuse. It is simple math, burn more calories than you take in. I know if I really wanted to I could lose the vast majority of pounds that i've put on since high school. I was skinny in high school though, so people say I look better now even though i'm a little flabby. :p

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
I'm not "fat" but at 6'1" 220 I could stand to loose 10-15lbs.

One word.
Beer.

It doesn't really matter because girls still find me attractive but it would be nice to walk around with no shirt at the beach in the summer with pride.

slsmnaz

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: tweakmm

One word.
Beer.

It doesn't really matter because girls still find me attractive but it would be nice to walk around with no shirt at the beach in the summer with pride.

Are you posting about me cause that's pretty spooky?

BobDaMenkey

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2005
Other. Because losing weight takes time. I've lost 15-20lbs since I started getting halfway serious about it in June. I've lost more in inches than actual weight, because I've also added alot of muscle that I didn't have before.

If I can keep myself at it, I won't be fat anymore. Slow but steady :)

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
I slimmed way down in college and after graduating, I was able to AFFORD food again, lost my easy access to the gym and good jogging paths, and then hampered by foot and back injuries... *sigh*

I could cut down drastically on portion sizes, but that take discipline that I don't have... :) And I'm already married... :D

SoftwareEng

Apr 24, 2005
Originally posted by: BobDaMenkey
Other. Because losing weight takes time. I've lost 15-20lbs since I started getting halfway serious about it in June. I've lost more in inches than actual weight, because I've also added alot of muscle that I didn't have before.

If I can keep myself at it, I won't be fat anymore. Slow but steady :)

report on your results in 2 months! :) good luck with your exercise program.

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
I don't need to lose weight. I'm maintaining since I stopped working out when I was satisfied with my weight. I lost about 55 pounds over 1.5 years.

imported_Devine

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2006
Originally posted by: SoftwareEng
ok, so why are YOU fat? You have a higher risk of heart disease, get tired more easily, are difficult to hug, and don't look your best.

Note: Results will benefit the World Hunger Association and Obese Kids against the War in Iraq coalition :)

I like to think that there is more of me to hug so :p And I support the economy by spending my money on their stuff and I give a reason for healthcare reasearch. I should get some medal for doing so much good :D

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
Congrats to all the people losing weight. It's not east to start, but the motivation to continue really builds when you start seeing results! I lost 35lbs in college with exercise and eating sensibly.

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
Originally posted by: slsmnaz
Originally posted by: tweakmm

One word.
Beer.

Are you posting about me cause that's pretty spooky?

lol This also explains me perfectly as well.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I exercise, but not enough and I don't do anything cardio. That combined with my unhealthy diet makes me a bit overweight. I don't gain weight because I catch myself eating unhealthy and make up for it by eating healthy for a few days. I'm considering going on weight watchers so I can just regulate myself and eat better. I also really need to start doing cardio again.

archiloco

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2004
i am not fat i am pleasantly plump!!!!

seriously though, yeah i am 50lbs. overweight according to BMI, i think it's more like 30 lbs. over weight, it would be unpleasant to be at 180lbs.......

OpenThirdEye

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2004
This poll needs a "Fesitvely Plump" option...

'Tis the Season and all...at least according to about every dept. store I've been to this week. :confused: