Why are they doing this?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
link

Why don't these two countries just go to war and get it over with?

As a wise man once said, "Justice delayed is justice denied."

And as Machiavelli once said, "War cannot be avoided but only put off to the advantage of others..."

Instead of enjoying the benefits of the times, one should enjoy the benefit of one's strength and prudence (paraphrasing Machiavelli).

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Because North Korea knows that the moment they go to war, they're fvcked. Kim Jong Il's regime is barely surviving as it is, any military actions on his part would only serve to hammer the nail in his coffin (though it may take a while to fall).

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
North Korea has to meet her end somehow. It's better that it be short and painful rather than a long and steady decline. The latter is worse for everyone, especially the people of North Korea.

And Yes, we are quoting Machiavelli. I've read the Prince at least 5 times. It is the second most influential book in history. Now I'm reading Thoughts on Machiavelli.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Dari
North Korea has to meet her end somehow. It's better that it be short and painful rather than a long and steady decline. The latter is worse for everyone, especially the people of North Korea.

And Yes, we are quoting Machiavelli. I've read the Prince at least 5 times. It is the second most influential book in history. Now I'm reading Thoughts on Machiavelli.

Influential, maybe, but so was Mein Kampf. Influential doesn't necessarily mean true, progressive, applicable, positive or pertinent.

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
They don't go to war for the same reason you don't come to my front door, and I don't go to yours. And remember Machivelli was the perfect politician, not an idol.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
"Why don't these two countries just go to war and get it over with?"

Because war kills a lot of people, wrecks economies, and destabilizes political structures which leads to chaos.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Dari
link

Why don't these two countries just go to war and get it over with?

And as Machiavelli once said, "War cannot be avoided but only put off to the advantage of others..."

Instead of enjoying the benefits of the times, one should enjoy the benefit of one's strength and prudence (paraphrasing Machiavelli).

What? Advocating war again? Surprise, surprise. Hey, when are you gonna pop a cyanide pill and check out of here? You're just gonna die anyway, right?

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
"Why don't these two countries just go to war and get it over with?"

Because war kills a lot of people, wrecks economies, and destabilizes political structures which leads to chaos.

Ditto.

Again, Kim Jong Il will die eventually, but the costs for starting a war could be much worse, for both sides. A war can't be started without those thousands of pieces of artillery based along the DMZ being fired directly at Seoul. War is a no-win situation in a case like this.

povertystruck

Aug 19, 2003
Damn, some of you are ignorant. Dari is this a joke,'why dont these two countries just go to war and get it over with' No point in making fun of you here your answer. Millions of people could die. Seoul is South Korea's largest city(20 million I think), and is the closest to North Korea. The north have a huge artillery force that can easily hit Seoul ( Seoul is held hostage). Would you sacrifice the hostages? If so maybe you imigrate to North Korea or maybe Libya?

Oh and kiddies in case you dont know the C.I.A. say they think the north have nukes and missles that can hit the west coast of the U.S. nukes + long range missles =stalemate

North Korea has always been a bigger threat than Iraq ever was much bigger they either have nukes or a nuke or our almost there.

Alternative answer: watch or read the news.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Dari is mentally ill PS. He's the ugly fat kid everyone, even the girls, beat up in 6th grade. Now he projects his "manlyness" on the intraweb so we really think he's a big man not the sandbox kid.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Zebo
Dari is mentally ill PS. He's the ugly fat kid everyone, even the girls, beat up in 6th grade. Now he projects his "manlyness" on the intraweb so we really think he's a big man not the sandbox kid.

Yeah, you got me. I tried but failed to hide my true self on the web. Woe is me
rolleye.gif

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

How does war delayed equal justice delayed?
---------

What proof is there that war cannot be avoided? Who says people know what is to their advantage? What is advantage?
---------------

What are benefits and how do we know them to be real ones? What is strength and prudence? Aren't these ideas born from fear?
---------------
Human beings are machines that function mechanically. A machine has only an illusion of a permanent self. In fact a new self continually replaces the one from moments before. Each different self springs to being from an emotion that procedes unconsciously. Without a self man is not real. Man is not real because he doesn't know what he feels.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

I thought Dari was the "starwars kid." No? At least, that's how I pictured him. :p

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

I thought Dari was the "starwars kid." No? At least, that's how I pictured him. ;P

Since we are giving our views of what posters look like.....
You know that vid clip of that monkey who is "relieving" itself? Thats how I picture you.:D

J/K;)

CkG

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

I thought Dari was the "starwars kid." No? At least, that's how I pictured him. ;P

Dari dreams of a world where nothing can make him feel. His goal is a world were real life is completely dead. He seeks safety instead of the riches in the sea. Dari has been hurt and does not want to play. He wants to get even by locking his heart away. The only problem is he wants to lock us all away with him.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

You know that vid clip of that monkey who is "relieving" itself? Thats how I picture you.:D

J/K;)

CkG
Caddy, you remind me of the video of the chimp who smells the fingers he's just had in his ass and falls out of his tree. :D

Too good to be true, and profoundly self impressed :p

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Cad,
I'd be interested in how you picture me. Really, I would. I wonder about what folks really look like as I type and it sorta puts a picture in the minds eye.
Moonster you can't play..:D it would be cheatin... and mom would get mad at you.... again..:D

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
I think Dari is asking the question "why are they doing this?" because like Machiavelli who said something like this; "injuries ought to be done all at one time, so that, being tasted less, they offend less; benefits ought to be given little by little, so that the flavour of them may last longer." I think I'm quoting him... the point being that; do it (war) and get it over with and slowly help them back (those left alive)... I think this is Dari's point.. but, how would I know... I know..

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
well since we're picturing people, I've pictured moonbeam to be this jobless underweight/underskilled loser that lives in the basement of his uncle's house. He doesn't believe in work because work is indicative of the ESTABLISHMENT. During his free time, of which he has a lot of, he reads up on philosophy and satire; smokes everything he can get his hand on, including toilet paper (before and after its been used); he ponders about his fantasy country that he's created (during smoking sessions); and finally, when his uncle lets him near the computer, moonbeam realizes his perverted fantasies by making cynical remarks on internet forums. Oh, and he's gay too.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: LunarRay
I think Dari is asking the question "why are they doing this?" because like Machiavelli who said something like this; "injuries ought to be done all at one time, so that, being tasted less, they offend less; benefits ought to be given little by little, so that the flavour of them may last longer." I think I'm quoting him... the point being that; do it (war) and get it over with and slowly help them back (those left alive)... I think this is Dari's point.. but, how would I know... I know..

WE HAVE A WINNER. You're on point.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

J/K;)

CkG
Caddy, you remind me of the video of the chimp who smells the fingers he's just had in his ass and falls out of his tree. :D

Too good to be true, and profoundly self impressed :p

Hehe - I knew that one was coming back at me. But I'll tell you one thing - I won't be smelling my own @ss again....atleast infront of the camera;) that concrete floor is hard.

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: LunarRay
Cad,
I'd be interested in how you picture me. Really, I would. I wonder about what folks really look like as I type and it sorta puts a picture in the minds eye.
Moonster you can't play..:D it would be cheatin... and mom would get mad at you.... again..:D

CYPM :) The "Great Wizard of Oz" anyone?:D

But I picture your brother moonbeam as that sheep that is going through that chute but decides to jump...just at the wrong(or right;)) moment :p

:D

CkG