Why are there so many single women in Russia?

eflat

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2000
Why is it that I get spam everyday trying to get me to buy myself a hot Russian wife?

Did all the men is Russia die in various wars? Are they just desperate to get out of Russia?

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: CitizenDoug
Why is it that I get spam everyday trying to get me to buy myself a hot Russian wife?

Did all the men is Russia die in various wars? Are they just desperate to get out of Russia?

No its just they are all drunks, and there is no work that pays anything. Of course most of these are scams.

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
I've heard the Russian Mafia runs a lot of these scams, not to mention conditions in America are probably a lot better than Russia. It's easier to get yourself a green card/nationalized as a citizen if you're married to an American citizen already, I believe.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
russian men are generally brought up to be chauvinist pigs?

course sadly the guys in the US that use the mail order russian bride services are also chauinist pigs, which is why they can't get american women:p

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: CitizenDoug

"In Soviet Russia the women ....."

Ahhh, never mind!

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Don't get a mail order bride.......... they will kill you in your sleep :Q

Cheers,
Aquaman

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: HotChic
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Why are there so many single women in Russia?
One word "Borscht"

Great Red, now you're going to get linuxboy (our resident Slav) in here defending borscht! ;)

What is borscht?
Beet soup - I would have thought that the reason had a lot more to do with Vodka, but what the hell do I KNOW?

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001

that is really bad spam with American girls if you ever find a real site the girls look sooo much different...

bockchow

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2001
points for a woman who knows what she wants

Looking for: From Britain. Speaking English. Age from 17 till 20. Has children Without children only. Smokes Yes. Drinks Heavy.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I remember watching a special on cable following a guy from Miami who went on this "bachelor trip" to Russia where they bring all these single women into this club and the guys mingle around checking them out. They interviewed some of the Russian women, I think most of them said they wanted American guys because Russian guys don't like to work hard and are lazy, etc.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: X-Man
I remember watching a special on cable following a guy from Miami who went on this "bachelor trip" to Russia where they bring all these single women into this club and the guys mingle around checking them out. They interviewed some of the Russian women, I think most of them said they wanted American guys because Russian guys don't like to work hard and are lazy, etc.

Yeah, all those Russian guys are lazy.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Orsorum

I'm not saying that it's not a stereotype, I'm just quoting what the women they interviewed said on the show.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Orsorum

I'm not saying that it's not a stereotype, I'm just quoting what the women they interviewed said on the show.

:p It was a joke.

brunswickite

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Originally posted by: crumpet19
http://www.bride.ru/ph/htcgi/ladies/64/64201PP2.html

"O! I now, that my ideal inpossible! I dream about handsame romantic man who's will present me white rose every morning and carring on hands! :)) Do you capable on it? ')"

sounds like we've got a winner here.

"I intresting, fascinating, beatuful ledy. I have been studing English, working in journalistic area. I like child, clean moning, a lot of traveling. I was deferent country and met many incredible people! It's so good that we can have friendship and not only :)) Also I like gentel, kind, generous, handcome man. So do you I surch my second half. Ay my dream, where are you???:)"

her english is on par with most people here on ATOT. :p