why are slim women more pleasing to the eyes?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

which do you prefer slim vs chubby?

• slim

• chubby

• i don't discriminate

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I prefer chubby within reason but provided a girl isn't on the extreme end of either chubby nor thin then I'm down. Though I'd rather be with a very chubby girl than a very skinny girl too.

GWestphal

Golden Member
Jul 22, 2009
Aerodynamics. The definition of chubby has changed from a size 4 to a size 12. Chubby from the 50s is skinny from now. So, yes people like skinny people now, because chubby is actually overweight or obese.

GWestphal

Golden Member
Jul 22, 2009
While I find some thick women attractive, I would never date them. I work out 2 to 3 hours a day and try to eat right in order to be healthy and attractive, and expect some amount of effort from women to do the same. Not to mention fat girls seem to have the worst attitudes, attributing others successes to "luck."

I went out with a thick girl many years ago that had a gorgeous face. She was a vegetarian and rode at least 10 miles a day on her bike. I couldn't understand how she was so thick (5'9", 150lbs or so.) She was also great in bed (mind blowing head and got so wet that she left spots.) I ended up breaking it off because I didn't want to take her around my friends. Like a year later she drops all the weight and looks like a supermodel. She quickly gets engaged and married. /facepalm

Pics or ban...

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
mehery4u.jpg

ok this is what I consider an ideal sized woman thick where I like but skinny where I like and she's about 155 pounds and considered obese by health standards but she is super fine though

Unless I am very much mistaken, that is an enormous pair of fake boobs, or the bra is considerably padded out (ie. twice the size of her boobs). I would consider the possibility that she has much larger than average boobs for someone of her build, but I think it is very unlikely. 155 pounds is not obese unless she is a midget or something - do you realise that BMI takes into account height and weight? I'm 5 kilos less than her (yes, I did the conversion calculation) and I have only in the last year or two not been considered clinically underweight.

Last edited:

Bobisuruncle54

Oct 19, 2011
Cultural conditioning. Check out the Venus of Willendorf to see what our ancestors thought hot.

That's true for cultures without any kind of scientific basis with regards to what is healthy and what isn't.

• Physical exercise
  • Eating a healthy and balanced diet
  • Having an appropriate level of body fat - not too much or too little
The same goes for men.

Those of us that are fortunate to live in countries where you can do the above will like women that are athletic with a healthy amount of body fat. Not only does it point towards healthy habits, but it also speaks volumes toward their mental attitude - discipline, commitment, and so on. Yes there are exceptions such as vanity and arrogance which aren't positive traits, but those don't negate the existence of the previously mentioned ones. Obviously genetic variance plays a part and everyone's tastes will vary slightly, but as you can see from the replies in this thread most men want a woman that is neither fat nor skinny.

God Mode

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2005
I look at it as any other person with impulse and addiction issues. Alcohol, drugs, sex, OCD etc etc.

ShadowOfMyself

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2006
Its all about curve distribution... Both skeletons and whales are a turn off, but anything within reason is fine with me

Honestly, I care a lot more about the face and body language... The way a woman carries herself is probably THE most important factor in sex appeal

Either way Ill probably pick chubby over thin most of the time

I mean when you think about it, its pretty funny that people find fat to be gross, when the two most appreciated features in women are both lumps of fat (with a bit of muscle, yes yes :p)
Thats why I cant blame guys who are into BBW... Turns out they are the logical ones, at least they consistently like fat, EVERYWHERE LOL

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
Its all about curve distribution... Both skeletons and whales are a turn off, but anything within reason is fine with me

Honestly, I care a lot more about the face and body language... The way a woman carries herself is probably THE most important factor in sex appeal

Either way Ill probably pick chubby over thin most of the time

I mean when you think about it, its pretty funny that people find fat to be gross, when the two most appreciated features in women are both lumps of fat (with a bit of muscle, yes yes :p)
Thats why I cant blame guys who are into BBW... Turns out they are the logical ones, at least they consistently like fat, EVERYWHERE LOL

actually boobs are great.. but all sizes are loved equally for me at least.. until it gets to ludicrous sizes anyway. A-DD all loved equally.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.