Why are people too *&&%&@# stupid/lazy/ill-concerned to put shopping carts where they belong in the parking lot?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Gah, this pisses me off to no end. Put the damn shopping cart where it belongs!!!! It doesn't belong:

(1) In a parking spot
(2) Pushed up against the car next to you
(3) Pushed up against the curb
(4) Left in the middle of the parking "aisle" for someone to run into

GRRRRRRRRRR:|:|:|

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
I hear ya, got a noticeable dent in my car that I believe came from a shopping cart.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: pyonir
got a scratch, huh?

No, but I had to do a sprint across the parking lot to stop a runaway cart from taking out my rear quarter panel.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
95% of the time, I park near a cart corral and use it, or take the cart back to the store. Every once in awhile, I go to a store that does not provide adequate cart corrals (like one in the front of a huge lot), and if it's raining and I have small kids with me (will not walk away from the car more than a couple parking spaces when the kids are in the car), I leave the cart somewhere out of the way. If they make it very difficult for me to do the right thing, fvck them. They will figure out based on piles of carts in certain areas of the lot that they need to put a corral there.

WHipLAsh13

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2001
Some stores are pretty ignorant though and don't have cart corales in the parking lot. How many people here do you think are really willing to walk all the way back to the front door of the store to return a cart when they had to part in BumFvcked Egypt.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
I'll put them back about 90% of the time, unless I'm at walmart. Then I'm just so pissed that some fatfvck in front of me in line took too goddamn long or that the lines were 30 people deep, that I really don't give a sh1t what the fvck happens to their damn cart.

KK

edmicman

Golden Member
May 30, 2001
i always push my cart towards the nearest most expensive looking car when i'm done with it, then i run away

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: pyonir
got a scratch, huh?

No, but I had to do a sprint across the parking lot to stop a runaway cart from taking out my rear quarter panel.

I did that twice in one day at Home Depot recently, those flat-bed carts were heading for traffic/other people's cars (I was being nice, I didn't cause the problem and my vehicle wasn't in danger).

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
There are Big Macs to be eaten, who has time for that cart returning nonsense?

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
I always take the cart back no matter where I'm parked. But, that's probably because I bagged groceries for 2 years when I was in high school. I also give the lazy people who leave the cart a nice evil stare just because they exist.

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
I think the jack-asses who don't return their carts are the same who drive around the 24-Hour Fitness parking lot looking for that closest spot...

-geoff

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Cuz the stores pay workerbees to retrieve them. :p

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ggavinmoss
I think the jack-asses who don't return their carts are the same who drive around the 24-Hour Fitness parking lot looking for that closest spot...

-geoff

BUAHAHAHAH :p:beer:

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: KK
I'll put them back about 90% of the time, unless I'm at walmart. Then I'm just so pissed that some fatfvck in front of me in line took too goddamn long or that the lines were 30 people deep, that I really don't give a sh1t what the fvck happens to their damn cart.

KK

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

WHipLAsh13

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2001
I always take the carts back if they have cart corales but if I had to part a mile a way and its pouring rain out and the store does not have cart corales then ummm negative.

Borracho

Banned
Mar 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Eli

yup, I figure its probably a union job so I'll stay out of it and let them do it... don't want the mob to break my knee caps or anything

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Yeah that pisses me off. Some stores around here have these devices that "lock" the carts to each other... you have to put 50 cents in to get a cart, and it gives it back when you re-attach it to another cart. It's amazing that this is enough incentive to get people to put their cart back.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Borracho
Originally posted by: Eli

yup, I figure its probably a union job so I'll stay out of it and let them do it... don't want the mob to break my knee caps or anything

That's one way to justify your laziness. The stores would still need someone to take the cart from the cart corral to the front of the store though.