why are NYC taxi drivers such dickwads?

Lifer

Banned
Feb 17, 2003
they think they own the road or something... changing lanes whenever they want without signalling, cutting you off dangerously :|

i noticed they're all indian or middle eastern too.
is it their attitude or they're stupid drivers?

Spac3d

Banned
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Lifer
they think they own the road or something... changing lanes whenever they want without signalling, cutting you off dangerously :|

:|
rolleye.gif

Lifer

Banned
Feb 17, 2003
Originally posted by: Spac3d

:|
rolleye.gif

i'm sorry if i offended you if you're indian/middle eastern or an nyc cab driver.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
well first of all they arent all middle eastern

second of all this explains their attitude.

Living in New York City + crappy low paying job = bad attitude :p

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
I'd say it's probably survival instinct. The drivers around here suck (I'd have to vote Georgia for dumbest average driver in the nation), and there's a lot fewer here than NYC. I know that if I had to drive through metro atlanta traffic for a living everyday I'd be a pretty bitter individual, too.

newbiepcuser

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2001
Maybe its the NYC drivers in general? Survival of the fittest?

But Las Vegas cab drivers are pretty bad too, their tips depend on how fast they get there.

Vonkhan

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
immigrants = bad drivers

:D ;) :beer:

guess who's an immigrant and still sub-conciously drives on the right side of the road :D

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: newbiepcuser
Maybe its the NYC drivers in general? Survival of the fittest?

But Las Vegas cab drivers are pretty bad too, their tips depend on how fast they get there.
That and the faster they get you to your destination, the more fares they can pick up.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by: newbiepcuser

Really? They must be making a killing right now then as there are temporarily cops on patrol in NV. The FCC threatened to fine their police departments for using illegal frequencies for police radio, so until they get new radios, no speed traps out.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Driving in Manhattan = putting your car on the line for a nice scratch job. The cabs are the ones who are the most aggressive, but everyone changes lanes without signaling and without warning. There are so many people who double park on either side of the one-way/4-lane streets... and since everyone's in a hurry, they just jump out any chance they get.

I'm surprised there aren't more fender benders. It doesn't get any worse than Manhattan. And it's not always just the cabbies and their grille guards.

rutchtkim

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2001
what sux is that nyc drivers come into Jersey thinking they own the road. In Jersey, we drive civilized, most of the time signal, and give enough time for the other drivers to aknowledge us. City drivers swerve in and out of lanes like their life depended on it. Sorry NYC drivers, dont mean to offend u, dont take it seriously ;)

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by: leung324
this is manhattan. you gotta be rude when driving.

Amen to that. Personally I think taxi drivers are trying to survive and make a buck. They're doing what they do, and I think they're pretty skilled at doing it. Sometimes you just HAVE to drive like that in the city. I know I have.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999

welcome to new york.

TuffGirl

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Vonkhan

crap, u're the retard i've read so much about????
Bwahahahahaha

As far as NYC drivers, I avoid driving into the city whenever possible. I almost always will park in Jersey City instead and take the PATH in. No way I'm dealing with driving with those mad cabbies and with the expensive parking and weird street-cleaning rules, not if I can avoid it.

NoReMoRsE

Platinum Member
Jul 24, 2001
Don't diss the immigrants. The "minority" is slowly but surely becoming the majority! MUAUHAHAHAHAHAH

:)

godspeedx

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2002
It's their job to get people to their destination quickly. They also are in the horrible traffic ALL day and it probably gets frustrating. I'm guessing they learn what they can and can't do.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by: rutchtkim
what sux is that nyc drivers come into Jersey thinking they own the road. In Jersey, we drive civilized, most of the time signal, and give enough time for the other drivers to aknowledge us. City drivers swerve in and out of lanes like their life depended on it. Sorry NYC drivers, dont mean to offend u, dont take it seriously ;)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

Don't you just love it when people who can't control the vehicle at over jogging speed try to slam those who go between/around them?

Seriously, as far as driving skills go, NJ ranks not far from the bottom of the barrel. Most NY drivers are actually pretty good.