Why are liberals thieves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We have all heard the statement that goes something like this:

A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. The Democrats are great at this, the Republicans even better because, while they do it in spades, the pretend to be fiscally responsible while under Republican administrations the debt explodes.

This is because the rich have the power of money to brainwash huge portions of the voting public to elect folk who will pass the country's wealth to them.

See, the problem isn't that the voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury, but the voting rich who discovered they can do that by the manipulation of public opinion.

And this is the reason that Democrats steal. If we let only the rich continue to steal they will become a 1% item who have 90+ percent of the wealth and the whole country will collapse because nobody will have any money to buy anything. So the liberals save the country by bleeding the rich and giving it back to them in the form of low wage workers with just enough to buy something the rich have to sell. They are fucking thieves, but the country would die without them.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I am concerned for you. I'm afraid your sig doesn't apply and you actually think you typed out something intelligent.

Fern

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
At least the rich work to get the government to favor them; you take in order to give it to lazy slugs who sit on their ass all day.

Of course you refuse to recognize the true problem - that we have a government so big and all-consuming that it has the power to shift vast amounts of wealth from one group to another. Your complaint boils down to it going to the "wrong" people sometimes instead of the ones you like, not that it occurs at all. If government were cut back so that it handled only its core functions then this would be a non-issue, but then you wouldn't be able to play Santa Claus and give away money like you want.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Usually attributed to Alexis de Toqueville

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville
or
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville

In my own experience most liberals donate less, care less, help less and take advantage more all while saying they are better people then conservatives are. That's just my own personal experience.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Usually attributed to Alexis de Toqueville

or

In my own experience most liberals donate less, care less, help less and take advantage more all while saying they are better people then conservatives are. That's just my own personal experience.

No, all those things are facts, even the ones liberals say.

In the first place a lot of conservative giving is done for group status and because of religious face. Conservatives care more on the basis of measuring charity as a voluntary act. Helping is often a function of group, church, business affiliation, social group actions all about social status and standing in the community. Liberals don't give much of a shit about what others think of them. They are less to be the social climbing type. Liberals are also less well off financially than conservatives are so they have more need to use their income for the family. Liberals are morally superior because they are capable of self analysis and are less likely to be hypocrites. They are also less religious and thus have less need to rationalize their greed, which they also have less of, with their religious teachings.

You forgot to mention, by the way, that conservatives also self report as being happier. Ignorance is bliss, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.