Why are FED EX and UPS so darn stupid?

toadstool

Jun 6, 2000

Gosh dangit! Is it just me, or does anyone else around here seem to have such bad luck with package delivery? In the last few months, ...................

1) UPS lost my package

2) Fed EX dropped my package off at the manager's office at my apartment complex............in itself, not a problem...................but.................it would have been nice IF THEY HAD TOLD ME!!!! Arrrggh!!!:( It wasn't until a week later, when I called the company I ordered it from, that I found out it had been shipped and delivered already. Fed Ex never bothered to leave a note at my door, any messages, etc.....nothing. Could have been sitting there till 2003 if i hadn't bothered to check up on it.

2) Now today, I find out that Fed Ex AGAIN screwed up. They didn't deliver my package because they ...............had my address.........but NO apartment number. They took it to the apartment manager's office, but they couldn't figure out what apartment I was in..............so....they didn't deliver it. I get home, hear from my manager what happened. I call fed Ex.they say they HAVE the apartment number, and they don't know why the Fed Ex driver didn't deliver it. They think it was because the package says.......

2065 BS Lane #348 (example)

as opposed to

2065 BS Lane apt #348 (example 2)

Apparently, the driver can't identify the apartment number unless it SAYS "apt"...............................:(:(:(

Huh? How dumb can someone be? Is there anyone else here who couldn't tell in the first example that there was an apartment number there? What else would the numbers after the address mean?

So, as you can see, I'm a bit ticked.

I think the next time I order something, I may just drive the couple thousand miles and get the freakin myself! :(

JW310

Golden Member
Oct 30, 1999
I don't know what to say about #1 and #3... but #2 sounds more like an issue with the apartment manager... seems to make sense to me that the apartment manager could've/should've let you know that a package was delivered for you to the office

JW

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
First thing. If you're gonna rant, go all the way with the curses. I learned that in catholic school. Its served me well.

Second thing: I would speak with apartment management. They should have a resident directory available.

aeroguy

Mar 21, 2002
Those idiots at UPS tried delivering 3 days in a row between 2 and 3:30, so I had to drive 40 minutes to pick it up.

wiredspider

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
I got a fed ex story for you, today I had 2 packages both from the same company. One package had my name and the other package had my mom's name. Get this the packages arrive seperately with seperate drivers within minutes of each other. That makes no sense! Only thing different were the names!

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: wiredspider
I got a fed ex story for you, today I had 2 packages both from the same company. One package had my name and the other package had my mom's name. Get this the packages arrive seperately with seperate drivers within minutes of each other. That makes no sense! Only thing different were the names!

One ground, one express?

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
I have never had a problem with Fed Ex, Always deliver my stuff on time or earlier.

UPS on the other hand, terrible... My brother ordered some computer parts in seperate orders, They would not deliver his Antec Case without a signature, but they left his 600 dollar processor at the floor of our door step... One time I answered the door and the UPS guy hesitated to make me sign because he forgot his signature pad in the truck, he just said "we'll just say its not electronic and we'll let it go at that" and left... UPS sucks!

max105

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
I've had my ups and downs with all 3 major shipping companies: UPS, USPS, Fedex. In the end, I think it mostly depends on the person who was delivering the package. Some guys will just drop the package off at your doorstep, sometimes they'll leave a note telling you to pick it up at their customer service center. But in the end, I have to say it depends on your location and which UPS, USPS, or Fedex guy you get. Back at my parent's house, I've met the delivery guys myself. It's always the same guy and they seem to pull through. At my apartment however, that's another story.

Jfur

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2001
Originally posted by: toadstool
Gosh dangit! Is it just me, or does anyone else around here seem to have such bad luck with package delivery? In the last few months, ...................

1) UPS lost my package

2) Fed EX dropped my package off at the manager's office at my apartment complex............in itself, not a problem...................but.................it would have been nice IF THEY HAD TOLD ME!!!! Arrrggh!!!:( It wasn't until a week later, when I called the company I ordered it from, that I found out it had been shipped and delivered already. Fed Ex never bothered to leave a note at my door, any messages, etc.....nothing. Could have been sitting there till 2003 if i hadn't bothered to check up on it.

2) Now today, I find out that Fed Ex AGAIN screwed up. They didn't deliver my package because they ...............had my address.........but NO apartment number. They took it to the apartment manager's office, but they couldn't figure out what apartment I was in..............so....they didn't deliver it. I get home, hear from my manager what happened. I call fed Ex.they say they HAVE the apartment number, and they don't know why the Fed Ex driver didn't deliver it. They think it was because the package says.......

2065 BS Lane #348 (example)

as opposed to

2065 BS Lane apt #348 (example 2)

Apparently, the driver can't identify the apartment number unless it SAYS "apt"...............................:(:(:(

Huh? How dumb can someone be? Is there anyone else here who couldn't tell in the first example that there was an apartment number there? What else would the numbers after the address mean?

So, as you can see, I'm a bit ticked.

I think the next time I order something, I may just drive the couple thousand miles and get the freakin myself! :(

It sucks, bust just ve VERY, VERY GLAD that you did not use AIRBORNE

:frown: