Why Anakin becomes Darth Vader...

Teatowel

Sep 22, 2000

Simple:

1) Everyone calls him "Annie". If you're a bloke, and you were called Annie in front of everyone, wouldn't you want to be called Darth Vader and go and kill all of them ?

2) Forcibly removed from his mother by Liam Neeson. That must have some psychological effects on him - loss of a parent (unless he comes back for her in the next episode), loss of a feminine figure in his life. While I don't doubt Obi-Wan's character, he can't be much of a substitute for his mum.

3) The hint that he was born by immaculate conception. Again, the lack of a male role model from an early age may well lead him astray and susceptible to ideas from "bad people"

Any ideas?

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
hehehe..Mosdef made a funny...:D

<< 1) Everyone calls him &quot;Annie&quot;. If you're a bloke, and you were called Annie in front of everyone, wouldn't you want to be called Darth Vader and go and kill all of them ? >>

hehehe good point..;)

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
NO NO NO!

the managerie was originaly the pilot then split into two episodes so it counts as one bringing the count to 61!!!

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Because all the big kids were doing it and young Anakin wouldn'y have been &quot;cool&quot; if he didn't.

pamchenko

Golden Member
Nov 28, 1999
he becomes darth vader because he buys an intel based system and sells out completely

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
<========= He becomes Darth Because he discovers he has no life and needs to get out more. First it's my brithday and now this..... ;)

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999

<< Is there any way to get off the president topic? >>

Annie isn't the president?

heheheh:) I thought that's what we were doing!

skywhr

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
He becomes darth vader because he buys a chip named after a popular Malt Liquor.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
I must confess the Darth Nader joke is not really mine. Back in the late 70's or early 80's there was a spoof on Star Wars called Hardware Wars. Darth Nader was one of the characters. I would love to get a copy of that short.

SackOfAllTrades

Diamond Member
May 7, 2000
When Annie turned into Darth, his lightsaber color changed from pink to red and it spoke &quot;You're a man now.&quot;

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Hardware Wars was shown, I think, on Saturday Night live. Maybe a copy available there.

Funny but not that funny.