Solved! Why 60 fps feels bad on 75 ghz monitor?

Lachrimae

Jan 29, 2020
I use the aoc gaming 75 ghz display and in games what i like i can have stable 60, but it is feeling like 40, everyone says that this is the standard of stability and smoothness, but I don’t feel it, but when i have 75 everything is ok and game be very smooth
is it my eye so pumped up during the use of the 75hz monitor or is there something wrong with the system? this happens when frame time is perfect without jumps

why it is happening?

Solution
Then i can't fix this tearings without display with this functions?

A couple of things:

1) Without freesync / gsync the only way to fix the tearing is to lock your fps to your monitor's refresh rate. So you'd have to try to lower settings to see if you could get it to 75 fps steady with Vsync turned on to avoid the tearing. That or upgrade your computer.
2) Nvidia has enabled their cards to work with Freesync monitors but it's not always 100% compatible. If you list your exact monitor model we can probably look up if it works or not for you. If you Nvidia card is really old it also won't work with either type of variable refresh rate monitor.

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
If the monitor doesn't support freesync / gsync (or they're just not enabled for whatever reason), then running at 60 fps will cause a lot of screen tearing on a 75 Hz monitor which people react to in different ways. Having 60 fps feel like 40 fps is a common reaction though. Does your monitor support freesync or gsync?

Lachrimae

Jan 29, 2020
If the monitor doesn't support freesync / gsync (or they're just not enabled for whatever reason), then running at 60 fps will cause a lot of screen tearing on a 75 Hz monitor which people react to in different ways. Having 60 fps feel like 40 fps is a common reaction though. Does your monitor support freesync or gsync?
supported freesync, but i have nvidia gtx, don't worked as far as I know

Lachrimae

Jan 29, 2020

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012

A couple of things:

1) Without freesync / gsync the only way to fix the tearing is to lock your fps to your monitor's refresh rate. So you'd have to try to lower settings to see if you could get it to 75 fps steady with Vsync turned on to avoid the tearing. That or upgrade your computer.
2) Nvidia has enabled their cards to work with Freesync monitors but it's not always 100% compatible. If you list your exact monitor model we can probably look up if it works or not for you. If you Nvidia card is really old it also won't work with either type of variable refresh rate monitor.

Solution

Lachrimae

Jan 29, 2020
A couple of things:

yeah, I tweaked the settings for greater performance and turn on vsync, game is really feel good, in pubg is playing very comfortable, after this opening im will tried everytime to get 75 fps, in rainbow six siege analogic situation, thats awesome!

i forgot how games should look xd

about freensync: im tried to turn on and setup this function, but this worked very bad, locked fps to 40 and tearing feeling very strong, idk how to setup this, but i will try to learn

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
if you want locked 60 you can change the refresh to 60 and enable vsync,

Freesync/Gsync will do the same if your FPS is locked to 60, they adjust the refresh to match the framerate, it's just that they do it in real time to work with the performance fluctuation and not a set locked target

in any case, I don't think that triple buffered vsync, when implemented well feels that poorly under the refresh.

Lachrimae

Jan 29, 2020
if you want locked 60 you can change the refresh to 60 and enable vsync,

Freesync/Gsync will do the same if your FPS is locked to 60, they adjust the refresh to match the framerate, it's just that they do it in real time to work with the performance fluctuation and not a set locked target

in any case, I don't think that triple buffered vsync, when implemented well feels that poorly under the refresh.
And this not feel like tearing when i was changed refresh time monitor? i mean, i can play on 75 ghz monitor like a 60ghz after change my refresh rate without any problems?