Who's voting early?

Mixolydian

Lifer
Nov 7, 2011
gilramirez.net
Just wondering how many of you plan on voting early this election? I went to the early voting polling place this afternoon and there was over an hour wait time. Seems like a lot of people are voting early this election.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Not me, I really enjoy going to the polling place on Election day and casting my vote.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I'm still waiting on the Secretary of State to send me back my address change sticker and new voter ID card.

meh...

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Early voting? Not here. Either you show up on election day or you vote absentee. My state isn't very accommodating. :(

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
I voted this afternoon and the polling station was quite busy, the person checking my voter registration card said that it had been busy since the polls opened at 8am. She also said that all the polling places in the county were equally busy.

CA19100

Jun 29, 2012
Vote-by-mail is how my state does all elections. I love Washington! Got the ballot yesterday. Pretty sure who I'm voting for, but will wait until after the debate tonight to make the final decision and mail it in.

Vic Vega

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2010
I already voted early. I wanted to avoid the Black Panther intimidation we had during the last election.

black-panther.jpg

Last edited:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
10-22-2012

Today was start of early voting here.

Stood on line for two hours.

Can't imagine how long people will be waiting on line election day.

They had 6 voting machines and only two worked reliably, the third one had to be re-booted after every person used it.

These computers were junk.

You had to press like ten times for every box before the touch screen would respond.

Took 20 minutes to get through to the end when it should have only taken like 2 minutes.

Hopefully my vote is the one that kicks dead beat dad jack boot Joe Walsh out of office.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Nevermind we do have early voting, it it just very inconvenient to go to it.

Last edited:

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
If you vote early you cannot see you ballot being fed into the machine and your vote being counted. If you vote in person here on election day you get to feed your ballot into the machine and see your vote being counted.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Ballot in the mail ftw. I don't know why you guys put up with your archaic ways of doing things.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
If you vote early you cannot see you ballot being fed into the machine and your vote being counted. If you vote in person here on election day you get to feed your ballot into the machine and see your vote being counted.

Huh? I don't know about where you live but here in Texas the same exact computers that are used on election day are used during early voting. You get to see your vote accepted/processed just like on election day.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Huh? I don't know about where you live but here in Texas the same exact computers that are used on election day are used during early voting. You get to see your vote accepted/processed just like on election day.

No, here early voting involves you filling out the same ballot as an absentee ballot and just handing it in person. I am 90% sure it isn't scanned immediately.

We do not use electronic voting here though, we use optical scan voting.

Last edited:

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
I will keep voting with my money, and leave the vote for next sell out douchebag to you guys.

You guys might blame Republicans or Democrats for the decline of this country, I blame the voters.

:D