Who's right, me or her?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
On one hand, I admire the respect you have for your father, as that is rare today. OTOH, the question to be asked, is are you missing out on something? You are an adult, it's right there in front of you for the taking , if you know what I mean. If you do not do this camping thing, someday, you may look back and wish you had done what you wanted to do. ;)
BTW, if you really just don't want to, then that's it. Just don't deny your own will and feelings to satisfy someone else.
Why not talk to dad and say, I respect your feelings, but this is really something I want to do. I believe I am now of age to do this, so may I have your support? It doesn't have to be confrontational. :)

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
I really don't care about going camping. I mean I would if it wasn't going to be a big deal with my dad, because I know she really wants to go, and I don't try to piss her off. Oh well, we shall see.

sheselectric

Golden Member
Mar 6, 2002
i think you're right. it's rare that an 18-year-old is so respectful of his father's wishes. as long as you're living at home, i think you gotta listen to the parental rules....you have the whole rest of your life to live on your own.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Just curious, what are your father's objections to camping and staying over at your friend's house? And in your opinion, are his concerns justified?

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
You're right; she's wrong. And quite frankly, she's sounds like a PITA; dump her, there's always more women out there.

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: singh
Ditch the girl, get yourself a woman...

Yeah - ditch the witch...you only have one father. And living in HIS house, you did the right thing respecting his wishes. When you have your own place, you can do whatever you want IMO.

oLLie

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Yo_Ma-Ma
Just curious, what are your father's objections to camping and staying over at your friend's house? And in your opinion, are his concerns justified?

Question we all want an answer to...