Who's interested in the new Mustang SUV?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Got my window sticker today and it looks like my MME GTPE will go into production later next week. Exciting to say the least but the anticipation is killing me. haha
23MY production is going smooth so far but the guys on the Mach-E forum I hang out on are bitching about shipping times....especially to the west coast. Mid-West times are a little more consistent so maybe I'll get mine before the end of the???

Anyway, here's a pic of the sticker!
View attachment 71418
It is a cool vehicle, but holy cow, 77k?????? Did you get if for MSRP or are they charging above list?

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I drove one a few months ago. It was fast for sure. However as I look at them I can't help but think they look kind of plain Jane already. And with the recent price increases I'll not buy one. I can't help but think the technology and the options will be better maybe 3 years down the road when vehicle costs have hopefully stabilized and more competitors come out with alternatives. Used vehicle prices are already coming down.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I drove one a few months ago. It was fast for sure. However as I look at them I can't help but think they look kind of plain Jane already. And with the recent price increases I'll not buy one. I can't help but think the technology and the options will be better maybe 3 years down the road when vehicle costs have hopefully stabilized and more competitors come out with alternatives. Used vehicle prices are already coming down.

I have to admit: as much as I want a pure EV (and would buy one in the right circumstances), I'm increasingly of the mind that it's usually wiser to get a good PHEV or conventional hybrid until things settle down. Give me the Kia Sportage or even the new Prius (which actually looks good!) on a lease for a few years.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
I have to admit: as much as I want a pure EV (and would buy one in the right circumstances), I'm increasingly of the mind that it's usually wiser to get a good PHEV or conventional hybrid until things settle down. Give me the Kia Sportage or even the new Prius (which actually looks good!) on a lease for a few years.
Yea, I have to agree. We just arent there yet with pure EVs. Too expensive and the range is still a problem if one wants to use them for long trips. If they were cheap, that would be one thing, but I cant see paying 50 to 70k for a vehicle that will force you to plan trips around it instead of the other way around. If I were buying now, though, I definitely would give very serious consideration to a PHEV or hybrid.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Yea, I have to agree. We just arent there yet with pure EVs. Too expensive and the range is still a problem if one wants to use them for long trips. If they were cheap, that would be one thing, but I cant see paying 50 to 70k for a vehicle that will force you to plan trips around it instead of the other way around. If I were buying now, though, I definitely would give very serious consideration to a PHEV or hybrid.

As it stands, the new Prius Prime reportedly gets 35 to 50 miles of electric driving. Unless you have a long commute, you might not need gas until you're leaving town (or just have a particularly busy day).

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
As it stands, the new Prius Prime reportedly gets 35 to 50 miles of electric driving. Unless you have a long commute, you might not need gas until you're leaving town (or just have a particularly busy day).
I like the idea of PHEV, but here in MN, i want all wheel drive, so would have to settle for the non plug in model. (Prime is FWD only) The car looks nice and seems like a good choice if the price is right.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
It is a cool vehicle, but holy cow, 77k?????? Did you get if for MSRP or are they charging above list?
Since I special ordered it in late August when the 23MY order banks opened they won't add any ADM or dealer add on bullshit like tint, etching, free lifetime oil changes, ect.

We purchased a Maverick in late January from the same dealership using the same process and were really happy. Also the general manager of the dealership is a good customer of mine and his wife and my wife are friends. We've known each other for many years.

If you don't special order they do add ADM. They have 21MY GT on the lot right now with 6K miles listed for 70K. It's a nice car I actually test drove it a few weeks ago but 70K for a used '21.......eh......

If you're interested here's the link.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Since I special ordered it in late August when the 23MY order banks opened they won't add any ADM or dealer add on bullshit like tint, etching, free lifetime oil changes, ect.

We purchased a Maverick in late January from the same dealership using the same process and were really happy. Also the general manager of the dealership is a good customer of mine and his wife and my wife are friends. We've known each other for many years.

If you don't special order they do add ADM. They have 21MY GT on the lot right now with 6K miles listed for 70K. It's a nice car I actually test drove it a few weeks ago but 70K for a used '21.......eh......

If you're interested here's the link.
Used car prices are still high to purchase, but starting to fall for trade in values, just making more profit for the dealer. At the height of the shortage I could have traded in my 3 year old Impreza for almost what I paid for it. Would have been a great time to trade, but I am retired now, so it is hard to justify a new car. Just dont drive that much.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
We demand a picture with you in the car holding a cardboard that reads "Yes Nik, this is really mine."

Does anyone have that picture floating around? Still makes me laugh lol

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
@sdifox
We demand a picture with you in the car holding a cardboard that reads "Yes Nik, this is really mine."

Well no cardboard sign but I did take possession of my Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition today. Slipped in just under the wire to receive the full $7500 tax credit. The new IRA makes the purchase of an EV after the end of today more complicated as far as tax credits are concerned.

Anyway, enough boring stuff. How about some pics of a brand new 2023 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition in Grabber Blue!!!

IMG_20221231_111945552_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221231_112023494_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221231_112036177_HDR.jpg

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
@sdifox

Well no cardboard sign but I did take possession of my Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition today. Slipped in just under the wire to receive the full $7500 tax credit. The new IRA makes the purchase of an EV after the end of today more complicated as far as tax credits are concerned.

Anyway, enough boring stuff. How about some pics of a brand new 2023 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition in Grabber Blue!!!

View attachment 73725

View attachment 73726

View attachment 73727

Did you forget to pay for door handles?

• Haha
Reactions: Brainonska511

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Nice color. Now don't let your wife drive it or you'll end up having to figure out how to sand and spray paint scratches in the bumper. I hope Grabber Blue isn't too hard for me to color match.

BTW that trim isn't eligible for 2023 tax credit, period. A day or two ago the IRS announced the MME has a $55K MSRP limit (without destination charge) so only low end trims qualify.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Nice color. Now don't let your wife drive it or you'll end up having to figure out how to sand and spray paint scratches in the bumper. I hope Grabber Blue isn't too hard for me to color match.

BTW that trim isn't eligible for 2023 tax credit, period. A day or two ago the IRS announced the MME has a $55K MSRP limit (without destination charge) so only low end trims qualify.
Thanks! I really like the color to. I saw one this summer when visiting Napa and I knew it was the color I wanted to order. It looks even better in person IMO. And so help me god if my wife scratches the bumper on this one like she did her Maverick.....I WILL LOOSE MY SHIT. haha

As far as the tax credit goes the IRS website is pretty clear that the new rules go into effect for vehicles purchased after 1/1/2023.
The guys over on the Mach-E forum I hang out one have a 31 page thread going on about it and that's the general consensus anyway.

Here's a screen cap from the IRS website. The first couple of paragraph pretty much say it all. Especially the last sentence that states "For vehicles purchased in 2022 or before, credit eligibility was determined under different criteria.".

If you would like to read it for yourself here is the link.
irs ev guidelines.png

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Yeah we're saying the same thing. I meant calendar year 2023 tax credit, not car model year.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Yeah we're saying the same thing. I meant calendar year 2023 tax credit, not car model year.
Yep because I purchased it in 2022 it falls under the old guidelines. Doesn't matter if it's a 2023 model because the purchase date it the qualifying factor.

For now anyway. For all anybody know the IRS will change it's mind tomorrow and it may not qualify at all or it might qualify for some.

It doesn't matter anyway. I didn't purchase the vehicle contingent on the tax credits it may or may not receive. I purchased it because it's awesome and bad ass.:D