Solved! Whoops what did i miss new gfx no signal

Feb 11, 2024
Had 1080 ti, used driver uninstall removed card put 6800xt starts windows starts to install driver then a windows update happens or something and it loses signal never to come back till I load safe mode and delete amd drivers that partly downloaded. Today I will put a diff ssd to try a new install of windows to make sure it should be working. Never was this hard to switch gfx cards before wondering if I forgot something drastic. Edit different TV port since it was forcing a weird mode the other port couldn't take. Fixed and ashamed.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2024
New clean install yields same results. During install if adrinalin 24.1. it goes to no signal. Bad gpu or psu I guess. Tuesday new psu will be delivered. Psu cables both work fine with 1080ti.

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
HDMI or DP? Have you tried a different cable or port on the card? I don't trust windows with driver install for the GPU. I always do it manually be downloading from the AMD site.

Feb 11, 2024
HDMI or DP? Have you tried a different cable or port on the card? I don't trust windows with driver install for the GPU. I always do it manually be downloading from the AMD site.
Hdmi to 4k TV. It is something to do with windows update it seems. Will try windows 10 install and updating bios next step :(