whoever did the remake to that cure song needs to be flogged

Toasthead

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
you mean the one from 50 first dates.... I kind of like the remake.. I cant remember who did it though, 311 maybe?

gregshin

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2000
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
wow! so much information!

stay out of my thread
rolleye.gif

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Toasthead
you mean the one from 50 first dates.... I kind of like the remake.. I cant remember who did it though, 311 maybe?

yup, it's 311.

i still like the robert smith version tho.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
read

Its retarded song... I have NO PROBLEM with bands doing covers, but do SOMETHING different with it... change the tempo, the pitch ANYTHING. Just dont play the EXACT same song and make money off it. Its just retarded.

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Homerboy
read

Its retarded song... I have NO PROBLEM with bands doing covers, but do SOMETHING different with it... change the tempo, the pitch ANYTHING. Just dont play the EXACT same song and make money off it. Its just retarded.

I thought you didn't really get any money directly for doing a cover song? I thought most of the money went to the original writers of the song.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
"Love Song" by 311 is far inferior to the original, IMO.

The Get Up Kids "Close to Me" cover however, was excellent...at least as good as the original. I might even like it more.

Cure pwns.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
read

Listen to the cure one, then the 311 song. They are significantly different. The 311 one is slower and has a more relaxed feel to it.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: PingSpike
"Love Song" by 311 is far inferior to the original, IMO.

The Get Up Kids "Close to Me" cover however, was excellent...at least as good as the original. I might even like it more.

Cure pwns.

agreed at least TGUK did it DIFFERENT... paced it up quite a bit.

SKoorb: go back to Japan land and their sexy teeth.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Speaking of Cure covers... or I guess the Cure in general... in a recent HP TV commercial there is a remixed version of "Pictures of You" anyone know what that is off of? Please dont tell me its another damned cover.

LadyJessica

Apr 20, 2000
read

You're just jealous.

Vortex22

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Feldenak
I feel the same way about that fairly recent cover of The Who's "Behind Blue Eyes"

Uhh... now THAT is a terrible cover.

I like the 311 one though.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Vortex22
I feel the same way about that fairly recent cover of The Who's "Behind Blue Eyes"

Uhh... now THAT is a terrible cover.

I like the 311 one though.

I haven't heard the 311 one...then again I in general detest 311.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

Hey, I liked that one. Done by Limp Bizkit, I believe.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Astaroth33

Hey, I liked that one. Done by Limp Bizkit, I believe.

More power to you but personally I think that is the single worst cover that has ever assaulted my ears.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Bootprint
read

I thought you didn't really get any money directly for doing a cover song? I thought most of the money went to the original writers of the song.

Not true. You just pay for the rights to remake it.

angrymaxx

Jul 20, 2000
Speaking of Cure covers... or I guess the Cure in general... in a recent HP TV commercial there is a remixed version of "Pictures of You" anyone know what that is off of? Please dont tell me its another damned cover.

I believe that remix is from Mixed Up. If you get it, check out the Lullaby remix.. awesome stuff.

DeRusto

Golden Member
May 31, 2002
Yay Limp Bizkit, the band that has to advertise themselves in every song...that includes covers..