whoa - this cd is GREAT ;)

NuclearFusi0n

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Live's "Throwing Copper" is pretty friggin good! whoa :)
and uh, how do i pronounce live? is it liv as in "i'm living at 23423 blah street" or is it live as in "We are live at the scene of the accident." :eek:

mk

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2000
Originally posted by: NuclearFusi0n1
and uh, how do i pronounce live? is it liv as in "i'm living at 23423 blah street" or is it live as in "We are live at the scene of the accident." :eek:
As in "We are live at...."

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001

Live - i.e. 'live' at the scene of an accident.

NewSc2

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
didn't they release an album like half a year or a year ago or something? i remember seeing some guys on MTV that looked old and up comes the name of the band - Live

needless to say i was kinda confused, but i guess they put out new stuff

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: NewSc2
didn't they release an album like half a year or a year ago or something? i remember seeing some guys on MTV that looked old and up comes the name of the band - Live

Not sure whatever happened to Live. They have some good stuff. As far as I can remember, the album that had "The Dolphin's Cry" on it was their latest, but I'm not a huge Live fan so I couldn't tell you what the name of the album was. All I remember was that it was sometime during my senior year of high school (fall 1999-spring 2000), I think.

FeathersMcGraw

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2001

Took you long enough to figure that out. ;)

If you pay close attention to the way the band name is written, it's got a bar above the i signifying the "long i" sound (i.e. rhymes with "jive", not "shiv").

As far as I can remember, the album that had "The Dolphin's Cry" on it was their latest.

That was "The Distance to Here". They've released one more album since then (appropriately titled "V").

BigJohnKC

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001
Throwing Copper is on my all-time favorites short list. For some reason, it is just a really appealing album. I have listened to Live's other albums, and they haven't captured my attention quite like this one.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Originally posted by: SuperCommando
Originally posted by: NewSc2

Not sure whatever happened to Live. They have some good stuff. As far as I can remember, the album that had "The Dolphin's Cry" on it was their latest, but I'm not a huge Live fan so I couldn't tell you what the name of the album was. All I remember was that it was sometime during my senior year of high school (fall 1999-spring 2000), I think.

Their new album should be out this year.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: BigJohnKC
Throwing Copper is on my all-time favorites short list. For some reason, it is just a really appealing album. I have listened to Live's other albums, and they haven't captured my attention quite like this one.

yeah, throwing copper was their best work, i'd agree.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
If you like their loud/semi-grunge side, Mental Jewelry is a great next listen, if you prefer the melodic side then get Secret Samadhi and give it a few listens to grow on you.

"for the love of all gods / our gas hed marches on..."

[ed] Also good and with a similar feel is Stone Temple Pilots' Purple.