Who won the final debate?

crisscross

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2001
Looks like McCain did a lot better than the previous two debates. What do you guys think? Please post any polls in this

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Obama did a fantastic job and I gotta say that there were parts where McCain did a decent job presenting his argument, but Obama also had more high light moments. However, I feel that the vast majority of support for McCain's arguments will be felt by those who were already planning on voting for him. Make no mistake. McCain will gain some support from this debate, but the amount will not be that large and I believe that after comparing the amount of additional support that Obama will acquire from the debate we will find that by the time most people are actually voting it will be a draw in that additional support.

The debate was close to a tie. Giving a couple weeks from today will show the changes to be minimal when it comes to the actual voting which is all that matters now. Obama has won this election.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
McCain did better, than the first two, but didnt win, and didnt do anything to change independants minds. Again he came of as angry and condesending.

Early opinion polls are in on several networks and Obama wins by a healthy margin... Wins by a HUGE margin on likeability and leadership. WooHoo!!!

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Rush Limbaugh talks about angry black men, but all I saw was an angry white man tonite.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Psst. One week from today, based on the polls, I might post two words that I never put together, ever.
You're gonna have to wait for it.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
McCain came across as irritable, evasive, and stuck on stale slogans to me. He would get all gleeful and bright eyed when he thought he had a zinger for Obama, which he almost never did. And he would frequently repeat something he'd said earlier - usually rebutted by Obama - as if he'd never heard Obama's response.

One of the most disgusting sequences was when McCain first decried the negative tone of the overall Presidential campaign, and then in the next sentence he mentioned the "Ayers connection", saying in this mysterious tone of voice that "we need to find out all the facts."

Obama made an elegant rebuttal to that attack. And then there was McCane repeating almost word for word the same vague "we need to get all the facts" guilt-by-association smear.

McCain also mentioned "across the board" axing of the federal budget as his economic plan, yet on several occasions he spoke about all the new programs he wanted to start.

McCain did NOT do himself any good tonight.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
McCain had his strongest debate but towards the end he obviously was out of gas, a lot of times Obama would make a point and then McCain would pull a Palin and repeat a few talking points which the two had already discussed earlier. Obama would then ignore those attacks because he already addressed them and launch into some more points.

With that said if Palin/Biden was called a draw by the media then this certainly will be also. I am an Obama supporter so probably biased here but it seemed to me that Obama pulled a Reagan in this by looking Presidential and not fucking up. In that way he is the winner.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: shira
McCain came across as irritable, evasive, and stuck on stale slogans to me. He would get all gleeful and bright eyed when he thought he had a zinger for Obama, which he almost never did. And he would frequently repeat something he'd said earlier - usually rebutted by Obama - as if he'd never heard Obama's response.

One of the most disgusting sequences was when McCain first decried the negative tone of the overall Presidential campaign, and then in the next sentence he mentioned the "Ayers connection", saying in this mysterious tone of voice that "we need to find out all the facts."

Obama made an elegant rebuttal to that attack. And then there was McCane repeating almost word for word the same vague "we need to get all the facts" guilt-by-association smear.

McCain also mentioned "across the board" axing of the federal budget as his economic plan, yet on several occasions he spoke about all the new programs he wanted to start.

I noticed that... Its as if he wasnt listening (and thus wasnt debating) he was more reciting reheared lines.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Originally posted by: shira

I noticed this too. How are you going to pay for school vouchers with a spending freeze John? :roll:

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Obama could have explicitly presented a well thought out plan to convert the US economy to communism and he would have still beat McCain.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: JS80
Obama could have explicitly presented a well thought out plan to convert the US economy to communism and he would have still beat McCain.

True... Someone forgot to coach McCain on the first rule of debates... DONT APPEAR SHIFTY EYED. LOL

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
obama's favorability has gone up each time in every debate.

the opposite happened with mccain. more and more people dislike him everytime he debates.

it's decided that mccain obviously lost this (and every past) debate.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005

Cry some more comrade. It's time to Party like it's October 1917 all over again!

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Obama won, for the 3rd time in a row. This election has been a rap for a month, and was clearly Obama before that 90%+ of the time.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

Or, even better, Obama enters stage left with a t-shirt reading "Fuck the Police" and a ho in each arm. He settles down to a nice big plate of fried chicken and watermelon before trying to sell Bob Schieffer a vile of crack. He refuses to answer the first question, instead announcing that he has decided to replace Joe Biden on the ticket with Bill Ayers. Before the shock has registered, Bill Ayers stolls onto the stage and gives Barak Obama a terrorist fist bump and reveals that he has funneled most of Obama's campaign money to buy a shit load of gold plated Cadillacs.

The press doesn't care because they hate America, so they say Obama "won" the debate. The American people vote him in because they're too stupid to learn anything except what the "MSM" tells them.

I feel you JS, I really do.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Originally posted by: Farang
Haha.. hopefully this gets some traction. Check out the reaction shot of McCain, scroll down a little for the video: http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/

He seems genuinely surprised.

LOL

McCain thought "Zero?! I may have to start a small business!" :laugh:

But in the end it doesn't matter, each of these prudes are more government.

Haha, I noticed that while watching the debates. McCain's look on his face was priceless. What I didn't notice when I watched debates was that McCain repeated "zero?" that made it absolutely hilarious.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: fleshconsumed
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Originally posted by: Farang
Haha.. hopefully this gets some traction. Check out the reaction shot of McCain, scroll down a little for the video: http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/

He seems genuinely surprised.

LOL

McCain thought "Zero?! I may have to start a small business!" :laugh:

But in the end it doesn't matter, each of these prudes are more government.

Haha, I noticed that while watching the debates. McCain's look on his face was priceless. What I didn't notice when I watched debates was that McCain repeated "zero?" that made it absolutely hilarious.

haha it kinda seemed like mccain was like, "fuck this, i'm voting obama too!"