Who Won Iraq's "Decisive" Battle?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
TLC says---While the small snippet approach may be a filling truth for some, I've never found it particularly appetizing.

Well matter of fact either did GWB&co. Given the fullness of time, its always possible to cherry pick.

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Lemon law
TLC says---While the small snippet approach may be a filling truth for some, I've never found it particularly appetizing.

Well matter of fact either did GWB&co. Given the fullness of time, its always possible to cherry pick.
Neither did Michael Moore. It's amazing how GWB and his critics so often engage in the identical behaviors. One would think they'd recognize that common ground between them and be all palsy-walsy.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: BMW540I6speed
-snip-
Why is it no one can define "Victory"? Could it be that a military victory is not possible? This is only further proof that the Bush administration's commitment to "Democracy" and "Self Determination" is a fraud.

Victory has been defined many times, and by different parties (Congress has provided a more detailed benchmark).

Simply stated, victory is an Iraq that is self sufficient. It can defend itself and it's borders. An Iraq with a manageable level of internal sectarian violence. An Iraq with a functioning government.

I don't think it's there yet. I don't believe anybody else does either. But I do think it possible (not certain, but possible).

I suspect that there are potentialy important developments occurring now. When might we know? I'm guessing by election time. Both of ours are in Nov IIRC.

In any case, we may be moving out by year-end. Depends who wins in their election. AFAIK, we can't stay too much longer unless their parliment specifically requests it.

Fern