Who will the next President be?

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I haven't followed much of the coverage to this point (and living in Canada, don't read that much in the paper about it).

Is there anyone at this point that seems most likely to win the election?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Who knows, this time the choices really aren't any better than they were in 2004.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Dunno for sure, as it's entirely too early to tell, but don't bet the farm on it being a republican...

Well, unless you're one of their True Believers, in which case, be my guest...

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: senseamp
http://www.intrade.com/jsp/int...376100&z=1196023053723

People betting their own money have Hillary at 49%. Rudy is at 17%, etc.

While that certainly isn't meaningless, you might also want to look at which party is expected to win. It's almost even.

He asked about the person, not the party. Of course it's a year out, so this is based on the assessment as of today. Just like stock market, things will change.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Who knows, this time the choices really aren't any better than they were in 2004.

Sad, and yet so true. At this point it looks like we're gonna be stuck with bad, and worse. What a sad state of affairs.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Pabster

Sad, and yet so true. At this point it looks like we're gonna be stuck with bad, and worse. What a sad state of affairs.

But look on the bright side, if you believe the market predictors, there is a 2/3 chance it will be a NY liberal (Hillary or Rudy), and 3/4th chance that it will be a Northeast liberal (Hillary, Rudy, or Mitt), and 5/6th chance it will be a north east or midwest liberal (Hillary, Rudy, Mitt, or Obama). So how bad can it be? :D

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The only thing I'm certain of is not Ron Paul. I have no idea, but hopefully not Rudy.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: senseamp
Originally posted by: Pabster

But look on the bright side, if you believe the market predictors, there is a 2/3 chance it will be a NY liberal (Hillary or Rudy), and 3/4th chance that it will be a Northeast liberal (Hillary, Rudy, or Mitt), and 5/6th chance it will be a north east or midwest liberal (Hillary, Rudy, Mitt, or Obama). So how bad can it be? :D

Exactly. No matter what, we get a progressive liberal looking to take America forward. How can we lose?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Painting Rudy and his foreign policy advisors as "Progressive Liberal" is an extremely gross misrepresentation, kinda like painting John Wayne Gacey as an excitable boy...

mayanks098

Nov 25, 2007
well i too have not followed this very closely but i hope Hillary wins.
and any one can please throw some light on USP and some "good works" of Obama?

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Dave... once he is elected he will be to busy to troll on P&N.

We all win :D
Only if he makes you his VP:thumbsup:
With Harvey as Sec of State: "you're a bunch of traitorous, murdering liars."