Who wiil Celtics or Nets?

Instagib

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2002
Just as the question implies. I think it's gonna come down to 7 games. I'm a Celtics fan have been since 79' but after watching Jason Kidd this series won't be easy. I didn't realize how good Jason Kidd was til yesterday. Kenny Anderson is simply too old to guard him and Tony Delk doesn't know how to play defense. I think if they can hold off the Nets transition game they'll win. What are your thoughts.

Ben50

Apr 29, 2001
I am not a fan of either team but I think I would rather see Boston win this series. It seems like they have a better chance of beating the Lakers than the Nets do. If the Kings could pull off an upset, then I'd rather see the nets win because they might actually beat the Kings. Both teams have no dominant big man inside so they are screwed against Shaq. Boston's only hope is for them to be hitting a lot of 3's. But anyway, I think the Nets will win this series because they actually know how to play defense. The Celtics gave away tons of points in the paint and breakaway points that you just can't give away if you expect to win in the NBA. They are going to have to stop the backdoor cuts and get more offensive rebounds if they hope to have a chance against the nets.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
i'm not a fan of basketball, however i'd like to see jersey in the finals... after all they've NEVER gotten even to the conference finals.

Instagib

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Ben50
I am not a fan of either team but I think I would rather see Boston win this series. It seems like they have a better chance of beating the Lakers than the Nets do. If the Kings could pull off an upset, then I'd rather see the nets win because they might actually beat the Kings. Both teams have no dominant big man inside so they are screwed against Shaq. Boston's only hope is for them to be hitting a lot of 3's. But anyway, I think the Nets will win this series because they actually know how to play defense. The Celtics gave away tons of points in the paint and breakaway points that you just can't give away if you expect to win in the NBA. They are going to have to stop the backdoor cuts and get more offensive rebounds if they hope to have a chance against the nets.

I know the Celtic offensive rebounding sucked.