Who was your favorite GI Joe?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
I used to take string and tie it from the mantle over the fireplace to the bottom of the railing on the stairs (maybe 25' or so) and make the Gi Joes "Join the battle" by riding the zipline down. The Cobra people would always shoot at the Gi-Joes as they were coming down the wire but they never got hit. Well.. I guess the good ones never did. I remember the fridge RARELY made it into the fight. :D

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Storm Shadow no question. I could never find one in stores when I was a kid, but my next door naighbor had one. I hated him...lol j/k I really wanted Storm Shadow because he was a pimp ninja.

frodrick

Sep 13, 2004
Looking at some of the pictures on the site amazed me how toward the end, almost none of my gijoes had their original body parts. Usually the guy's "junk" would break off the waist piece. If it was on a crappy guy, i probably wouldn't care, but if it was a cool one, he would get new pants from some not as cool guy.

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
I still have a Storm shadow hidden in boxes somewhere, I don't have many joes left but the ones I do have were some of the rarer and more expensive ones

abc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
i too have Storm Shadow, and all my Joes from the 80's in tin boxes.

I have that female ninja in red, forgot her name.

I have the Snake Eyes with the Timber wolf? unopened in original box... and first gen snakeeyes, but out of box.

I have the Ranger? with the mutt and a mac-10 as the weapon.

GIJoe started getting cheesy I felt, when they started bringing in stupid characters... like the twins...

actually, it was the cartoon's representation of them that messed it all up.... they seemed like gay twins, with their voices... oh, but nothing wrong with it...

Ilmater

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2002
Originally posted by: OrByte
Snow Job!!! :D

no really..

Mutt and Junk yard !!

wasnt he the one with the mean Rot? I thought he was soo cool back in the day because he came with his own dog.
No really, Snow Job. He ruled.

"Hey what the fvck are you kids doin' on my fvcking lobe. Give him the sick, DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK!"

Red

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2002
OMG, I found the HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE battle station my brother and I had as a child. It was the 1987 Defiant Space Shuttle. I was 5 at the time and the thing was as big as me. Looks like a broken one is going for over $100 on ebay. I loved that thing =(

Favorite character / toy = Nunchuk