who was your best friend in elementary/jr high/high school and where is s/he now?

draggoon01

May 9, 2001
saw this topic elsewhere. thought to start it here.

also it would be interesting if you would note whether friend was same or opposite sex

as for me, i moved around a lot. 2 elementary schools, 2 jr high and 3 high school. so i never had a best friend, just group of guys i'd hang out with.

i suppose though andy was close friend in jr high. last i heard, he dropped out of college or was kicked out and is living in an apt with other some other dude who got kicked out with him. we're both guys

SOSTrooper

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2001
I have 3 best friends from HS and we still hang out and chat on AIM nightly. One thing that bonds us is our 'loserness' and the second thing is that 3 of us have the same first name.

neovan

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
knew my best friend since 1st grade and now we're 25 and we still hang out together. most of my friends that i hang around with, i've known since jr high/hs.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
MY best friend was Tom and he played guitar, I played Bass in our little garage band in JHS and HS.
About 15 years ago, he was beaten to death by a punkass TV in a drug deal gone bad. His GF was beaten but managed to escape and call the police.
R.I.P. Tom :beer:

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I don't know where most of my childhood friends are.

As for my best friends in high school, one is my roomate and the other lives in Stone Ridge, NY.

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
My best friend thru elementary and jr high goes to my high school, but we seldom talk anymore...

We're still friends and friendly and all..but rarely do anything. IMO, he's just chosen another path to follow <cough> mooch drugs off of his other friends <cough> than I have...

(I'm in HS now if you didn't figure that out:p)

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: AlienCraft
MY best friend was Tom and he played guitar, I played Bass in our little garage band in JHS and HS.
About 15 years ago, he was beaten to death by a punkass TV in a drug deal gone bad. His GF was beaten but managed to escape and call the police.
R.I.P. Tom :beer:

I'm sorry about your friend. :(

What's a TV?

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Kid I hung out with all through junior high and high school, I have no idea what he is doing now. Last i heard he had gotten some girl pregnant, married her because of it, and was going to "truck driving school" to drive an 18-wheeler.

SuepaFly

Jun 3, 2001
Elementary School: This boy that I grew up playing with (since I was old enough to play). He moved away in the fourth grade, but we have just started emailing from time to time. (I'm a girl)

Middle School: Girl. We went to different colleges and lost touch. Actually we lost touch as friends way before that.

High School: Girl. I went to college, she went to Arizona and works in insurance. We still talk from time to time, but we live pretty different lives.

College: Girls. Still talk to all my friends. In a way I think most of my best (although I hate that term) friends have and will be from college.

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
elementary: neighbor, still talk to him occasionally when i swing by my dad's place.

jr high: bunch of guys including neighbor. all except him have disappeared off the face of the earth.

high school: bunch of guys, most of whom have disappeared off the face of the earth. best female friend i was together with romantically for 2 years. now my ex, and we are building up our lost friendship again.

college: best college friend still around, the rest i left in seattle when i moved back home. still working on new friends here :p

csyberblue

Aug 1, 2002
my close friend in elementary school was a guy named Jacob (I'm a guy too). He ended up moving to another part of town, so we went to different middle schools. That's when he started getting involved with drugs. I see him every once in a while, since he works at a hollywood video by me. Once he moved, we weren't really close friends anymore.

My best friend now, named Will who I met 3 years ago in high school is going to be my roommate when we go off to college in a month.

imported_Papi

Platinum Member
Nov 15, 2002
Her name was Laura. In 7th grade she wanted me to chose between her and my current best friend. I refused to chose between friends so she decided that she wasnt going to speak with me anymore.

So we havent spoken since. I see her every now and then, we don't say anything to eachother. Just pass eachother like we are strangers.

Spac3d

Banned
Jul 3, 2001
No idea what happened to elementary friends.

My best friend, Lindsay, from middle school, just left to do 6 months study abroad program in Australia:Q

I still keep in touch with my high school best friends.

I have no idea what happened to some of my best friends from GAtech. They fell off the face of the earth:confused:

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
I've been to 3 elementary schools, 3 junior highs, and one high school so I left my friends from elementary school behind long ago. I've got one more year of high school and I have some friends that I hang out with (rarely) but I would say that my best friend is someone I met online. she lives a ways away .. yes, we have met in real life.

chin311

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: yayo
Her name was Laura. In 7th grade she wanted me to chose between her and my current best friend. I refused to chose between friends so she decided that she wasnt going to speak with me anymore.

So we havent spoken since. I see her every now and then, we don't say anything to eachother. Just pass eachother like we are strangers.

lol, how old are you now?

uhm, i still hang out w/ a lot of the people i've known since i was about 12 (18 now), most of the people i went to school with i see around town now and then, only probably talk to about 2-3 on a regular basis.

current 'bestfriend' is a girl...but, thatll probably be over soon, she's playing games w/ me and she has a bf, sorry but i cant grasp the idea of being 'just friends' w/ some girls...at least the ones that call me EVERYDAY for HRS
rolleye.gif

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
my best friend in grade school was scott Q****

After highschool we ended up going to the same college and were roomates freshmen year.
During college we became fraternity brothers and now we still remain good friends and frequently hang out.

Tinkerhell

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2003
Elementary school: Heather. Shes going to college in Rhode Island. We are not close anymore but if we see eachother we talk

Jr high: Jen, I dont know where she is, we basically stopped talking when we went to high school.

High school: Sara, we had been friends throughout high school but hung out in different crowds. Shes in school in FL. We lost touch about a year and a half ago.

College: Oniq. My best friend and my soulmate :)

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Elementary School through Middle School - Mitch. We lost touch during high school because he was such a druggie. Last I heard, he joined the air force as a mechanic, and is planning on marrying a former prostitute.

High School - Courtney. Met her my sophmore year of high school, we became best friends, our personalities were almost identical. We started dating at the end of junior year. She's transfering to Purdue next year, as am I. I'm asking her to marry me on Sept 5th.

draggoon01

May 9, 2001
Originally posted by: dtyn
Elementary School through Middle School - Mitch. We lost touch during high school because he was such a druggie. Last I heard, he joined the air force as a mechanic, and is planning on marrying a former prostitute.

High School - Courtney. Met her my sophmore year of high school, we became best friends, our personalities were almost identical. We started dating at the end of junior year. She's transfering to Purdue next year, as am I. I'm asking her to marry me on Sept 5th.

nice, they always say you should marry a guy/girl who's your best friend. why sept 5?

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: draggoon01

nice, they always say you should marry a guy/girl who's your best friend. why sept 5?

It's her birthday, and I figured it would be a wonderful addition to her birthday present.

bleeb

Lifer
Feb 3, 2000
I've managed to find one of my best friends from elementary school. Apparently he went to Santa Clara U down in California and I think he got married. I found his address and his parent's address but haven't contacted him because I thought it might be weird that some 24 yr old guy writes you a post card. What do you think? Should I send a postcard saying hi?

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: draggoon01

nice, they always say you should marry a guy/girl who's your best friend.

I married my best friend.... :D

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
I don't know where my best friends from middle school and high school are. I burned the bridges with them long ago.

Ryan

WhiteKnight

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
I still hang out with my best friends from HS and MS as they are the same people. My best friend from college (besides my gf) is in St. Louis now for med school so I don't get to see him too much, but we still keep in touch.

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
my best friend from HS became an alcoholic (like his dad) & wrecked his life (like his dad).

the guy was smart & had a lot of potential.