Who was the cruelest President?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Who was the cruelest President?

• Jackson

• Lincoln

• McKinley

• TJR

• Wilson

• FDR

• LBJ

• Bush 41

• Clinton

• Bush 43

Results are only viewable after voting.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
really, I think it depends how we define cruel... are we talking about personally, wantonly cruel, or the presidents whose policies enacted the cruelest results?

I feel like Barbara Bush should be included in the poll.

babs.jpg

LOL...is that a real quote? I'm sure it is.

I'm so glad I've lost faith in humanity, now everything in funny instead of depressing.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
I see a lot of people agree with you. Out of curiosity, why is it Jackson?

Mostly out of the forced relocation of the Cherokee and other Native American peoples from Georgia and the southeast to what would become Oklahoma.
That and the guy was plain batshait insane.

Last edited:

imported_Champ

Golden Member
Mar 25, 2008
Wheres Truman.

He ordered the dropping of the 2 most destructive forces in human history, and was ready to order more

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
has anything in the world done more for world peace than nuclear weapons?

For the first world it has. For the third world, not much has changed. 5 million Congolese died between 1998-2003 and the world hardly noticed.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
The Dub, for running for a second term . . . and "winning."

His "re-election," despite so fully demonstrating his pipsqueak incompetence and appallingly confident cluelessness during his first four awful years of flushing the Republic down the drain proved just how craven and stupid and complicit a certain white and right demographic of the American electorate so heavily represented here could be -- so easily seduced and stripped of all reason and integrity by that potent Rovian combination known as God, Guns and Gays that they'd willlingly re-elect a trust fund nincompoop draft-dodging sock puppet who clearly had Darth Cheney's withered and morally unclean hand up his worthless puppet ass.

That, my friends, was just about as cruel as it gets.

Last edited:

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
The Dub, for running for a second term . . . and "winning."
His "re-election," despite so fully demonstrating his pipsqueak incompetence and appallingly confident cluelessness during his first four awful years of flushing the Republic down the drain proved just how craven and stupid and complicit a certain white and right demographic of the American electorate so heavily represented here could be -- so easily seduced and stripped of all reason and integrity by that potent Rovian combination known as God, Guns and Gays that they'd willlingly re-elect a trust fund nincompoop sock puppet who clearly had Darth Cheney's withered, blood-stained hand up his worthless puppet ass.
That, my friends, was just about as cruel as it gets.
You neglect to mention the complicity of the Democrats in the Bush reelection - they nominated Senator Kerry.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
You neglect to mention the complicity of the Democrats in the Bush reelection - they nominated Senator Kerry.

Don't blame the Dems, you forget, but one half of one million MORE Americans voted for Kerry over Bush.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
lol Bush being elected twice must of really messed you up

Oh, no, I didn't support him. It's turds who voted for him that have the eternal unwiped Cheney ass-stain on their all too eager lips.

They can keep pretending they don't. But the fecal smell still gives them away.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Bush 43 by far. He started a war he couldn't finish and all of it for fun and profit at the expense of the lives and limbs of thousands of our precious troops of which he so casually tossed into that money-making meat grinder of his called Iraq. "Mission accomplished". pffft

Last edited:

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Didn't vote. This is one of the lamest polls ever. The list is arbitrarily constructed according to the OP's political viewpoint. Furthermore, I can't think of one President I would characterize as "cruel." That word has a particular meaning in my mind that relates not only to a person doing bad things, but their motives for doing them. Which I do not feel qualified to judge without knowing any of these people better than I do. Even Bush with his support of certain forms of torture may not have taken this position because he delighted in the idea of torture but rather because he honestly believed it effective and necessary. That doesn't excuse it, but it doesn't make it "cruel" either. Bush IMO is one of the worst, if not THE worst, POTUS we have ever had. He is many bad things, but whether or not he is actually cruel, I have no idea and frankly I tend to doubt it.

- wolf

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
I can't vote, because Obama wasn't in the list of choices, and his cruelty reigns.

He now wants to put party members on offshore wells, to make sure they do things right.

Party members?

When can I expect my block captain?

-John

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
I wanted to vote for Obama just because it's the theme of the day but he wasn't an option.