who was Gary in The Lookout?

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
I just watched this movie now and it's bothering me I don't know who Gary was in Chris' past (since Gary before he dies asks something like "you still dont remember me?")

obvious chris did something to him before and he couldnt be the guy from the car crash since he died... was he the guy chris slashed in that hockey game they referred to while chris was with that chick? thats all I can come up with...

someone tell me!

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Originally posted by: lozina
I just watched this movie now and it's bothering me I don't know who Gary was in Chris' past (since Gary before he dies asks something like "you still dont remember me?")

obvious chris did something to him before and he couldnt be the guy from the car crash since he died... was he the guy chris slashed in that hockey game they referred to while chris was with that chick? thats all I can come up with...

someone tell me!

Good movie.

Gary meant whether Chris really did not remember where he hid the money.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
I just watched the last scene again.

Gary: "Did you really forget?"

Referring to, of course, whether Chris actually forgot where he hid the money.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Gary was the hockey player he messed up. That's why they made such a big deal about the asthma.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: joshsquall
Gary was the hockey player he messed up. That's why they made such a big deal about the asthma.

yeah thats what i am thinking. so do you also think at the end when he is asking if chris really didnt remember was if he didnt remember messing him up in hockey, or referring to location of money?

Nov 5, 2001
nobody in NE Kansas/KC MO area fucking plays hockey. They should have done a little better research. It was very annoying.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: joshsquall

yeah thats what i am thinking. so do you also think at the end when he is asking if chris really didnt remember was if he didnt remember messing him up in hockey, or referring to location of money?

Doesn't really matter, but my guess is a little bit of both.