Who wants to write a news post on behalf of the TA SETI TeAm? ** Going live in 30 minutes!!! **

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
I will make the post and give credit where it is due. :)

I bumped my previous news post to the top, but I think you guys could manage something that would grab more attention. So I am asking the community to write a short blurb to post on the news page. I may do some frequent updates on the status between TA SETI and BBR, but I do not want to over do it.

Allio

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2002
I might be able to whip something up ;)

I'll write something and PM it to you.

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
I have gotten one respsonce from Allio

Anandtech Distributed Computing needs your help.

As SETI, the largest DC project in the world, draws to a close, Anandtech is in desperate trouble trying to hang on to its hard-fought sixth place, due to some extremely fierce competition from the seventh-placed BBR Team Starfire. If your CPU is idle, lend us a hand and help out the TeAm in its time of need. At this stage of the game, literally every work unit counts! Make sure your name goes down in history as a participant of SETI, and help Team Anandtech finish the race in the position it deserves.

<links to dc forums and appropriate threads>

As I feel this should be a team effort, I will let the rest add/subtract/modify this. I will post it for tomorrows news.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Front page on Broadband Reports today:

Latest Broadband News.. Got news?
ISP price or Hardware PR?

SETI@Home Battle
Anandtech, BBR distributed computing race
From our crew in the SETI@Home forum comes word that Anandtech has put out a call to arms on their website, worried that our distributed computing SETI crew is about to snatch sixth place (world-wide) away from them. So if you've got spare computing cycles, head on over to our SETI forum, read our SETI FAQ, and then join our team.. continues click here..
Posted about 5 hours ago See: BBR-News
Read [65]

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Front page on Broadband Reports today:

Latest Broadband News.. Got news?
ISP price or Hardware PR?

SETI@Home Battle
Anandtech, BBR distributed computing race
From our crew in the SETI@Home forum comes word that Anandtech has put out a call to arms on their website, worried that our distributed computing SETI crew is about to snatch sixth place (world-wide) away from them. So if you've got spare computing cycles, head on over to our SETI forum, read our SETI FAQ, and then join our team.. continues click here..
Posted about 5 hours ago See: BBR-News
Read [65]

I've caught that myself :(

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Adul, I've added some history to the post. You may use it if you like .....Allio still gets credit...just wanted a little more juice for the post! :)

(See edited Quoted post below)

Originally posted by: Adul
I have gotten one respsonce from Allio

TeAm AnandTech SETI needs YOUR help FAST!!!!

As SETI, the largest DC project in the world, draws to a close, TeAm Anandtech is in desperate trouble trying to hang on to its hard-fought sixth place (world ranking), due to some extremely fierce competition from the seventh-placed BBR Team Starfire. TeAm AnandTech has been chased by BBR Team Starfire for over 2 1/2 years, on and almost endless yo-yo, and it looks like their efforts to catch and pass us have finally paid off. Lend us a hand and help out the TeAm in its time of need. Use those SPARE cpu cycles for the good of science and to help keep the TeAm ahead of BBR. At this stage of the game, literally every work unit counts! Make sure your name goes down in history as a participant of SETI, and help Team Anandtech finishes the race in the position it deserves.....6th or better! See you in the Distributed Computing Forums.

<links to dc forums and appropriate threads>

As I feel this should be a team effort, I will let the rest add/subtract/modify this. I will post it for tomorrows news.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well, it looks like it might need to be reworded to REGAIN 6th place...as that is where it's going in a few minutes! :(

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Adul, Please edit the above to reflect that the TeAm is trying to regain 6th place from being passed by BBR. They are now 900 WU's ahead!