Who wants lobster!

FP

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
Cool high pressure machine can actually process LIVE lobsters completely removing their shell.

Pic

Article

troytime

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2006
it'd be kinda neat if it was still alive without a shell...

not so tough and mean now huh!?

FP

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
From the article... It is unclear how long the poor lobsters live while the machine is running but they "guess" it is less than a minute.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
i love lobster and will cook and kill my own, but something is mildly disturbing about that pic.

PhaZe

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 1999
For some reason when I read the title of this thread , the scene of Louis from Family Guy asking "Who wants Chowder", followed by Chris, Bryan, Peter, and stewie puking, played in my head.

troytime

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: IAteYourMother
Originally posted by: troytime
it'd be kinda neat if it was still alive without a shell...

not so tough and mean now huh!?

so uh, what happened to your account?

dissappeared mysteriously in the great AT user loss of 2k6

?

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
yipes

i remember my dad used to get lobster a few times a year when i was a kid. hed bring home a couple in the back up his pickup, rinse em off, and pitch em into a huge pot of boiling water

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
That's really cool. I mean, wow...

Technology in action, for you!

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
More disturbing than the lobster is the fact that this dude has a website about "the secret world of lobsters". More disturbing then that - his website is popular enough for ATOT members to find...

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: OS
i love lobster and will cook and kill my own, but something is mildly disturbing about that pic.

The front claws emanating from the tail is weird-O-rama.

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: eldorado99
that'd be like vapourizing the bones from inside of your body... yummy! :D

It doesn't vaporize the shell. looks like the high pressure causes the soft flesh inside the shell to compress tearing away any connecting tissue to the shell. Then after they come out, they crack them open and the meat will just slide right out.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
so, whole foods won't sell live lobsters because one of their *customers* might boil it rather than knifing it to kill it, but it will sell lobsters that have been compressed to 3x the pressure at the deepest part of the ocean, which takes a while to ramp up and is uncertain how long it takes to kill a lobster.

what a load of crap.

i'm going to go complain.