Who should Democrats run in 2020?

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
Right now all of the Democrats are really old and the party has thinned out so much that there isn't anyone promising in the wings.

HRC will be 73 in 2020.

Biden 78.

Bernie Sanders 79.

Elizabeth Warren 71.

Seriously, what are they going to do?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Look at the people Bernie Sanders respects and endorses.
Raise them up to give the party, and the country, a bold new direction.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I've been wanting Kirsten Gillibrand to get herself a more prominent image and make a run for a few years now.

For reference she just turned 50 this month.

Reactions: Ken g6

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsi_Gabbard

Tulsi Gabbard impresses me so far

Clinton, Biden, Sanders, & Warren are too old and won't connect with younger voters, plus they're all tainted from Hillary's disastrous run.

Cory Booker seems to have some baggage already, unsure if that's deserved or not.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The Dems shouldn't even be thinking about the White House at this time. They need to focus on the state house races. There is no top down salvation, they have to build from the bottom. With gerrymandering by the Reps, it won't be easy but it essential for the Dems to get anywhere.

Reactions: ivwshane

vampirefo

Nov 30, 2014
Hillary, would love to see her run again, she did so well last two times she ran.

Sent from my NS-P08A7100 using Tapatalk

vampirefo

Nov 30, 2014
Hillary, would love to see her run again, she did so well last two times she ran.

2112599ffde4400b8287a9066dfa070b.jpg

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
2112599ffde4400b8287a9066dfa070b.jpg

You've posted this same meme in like 3 or 4 threads. We get that you might be incapable of being a beneficial member of this forum, but how about you stop just being a little troll dipshit? You apparently joined over 2 years ago but most of your posts seem to be in the last day or two and they're virtually all stupid trolling memes you probably pulled from /r/The_Donald.

vampirefo

Nov 30, 2014
You've posted this same meme in like 3 or 4 threads. We get that you might be incapable of being a beneficial member of this forum, but how about you stop just being a little troll dipshit? You apparently joined over 2 years ago but most of your posts seem to be in the last day or two and they're virtually all stupid trolling memes you probably pulled from /r/The_Donald.
541f5bfcef0e8327afcbf8594b31af76.jpg

vampirefo

Nov 30, 2014
Hillary is the best the Democratic party has, so run the old crooked bitch again, I am sure she will LMAO come in at least 2nd.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Memes/Twitter 2020
Anything else would require one to have a thought that went beyond 140 characters. And Trump voters have attention spans so short that they don't even remember what he told them 5 minutes ago when he contradicts it.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Who the Dems pick will sort'a depend on how badly Trump screws things up for the working class folks that voted for him. He's already proven how often he's lied to them and how he's turned his back on them and it does seem like he's getting away with it....for now.

How odd it is that the party that is actually supposed to represent the interests and concerns of the working class lost to a guy who has clearly shown he represents the interests and desires of the class of wealthy billionaires he got born and raised in. That the re-distributive war against the middle class and the poor they have been waging is being ignored by those middle class folks who put Trump in office simply amazes me not only in the sense that it seems these folks just don't care but would rather believe in all of the lies, half truths and broken promises he made to them.

These folks need to fully realize that Trump never intended to represent their interests. All he wanted was their votes. That's the only thing he wanted from them and he's now blatantly showing it from his choices for cabinet positions.

It seems to me all the Dems need to do is to keep hammering away at this point and to keep exposing Trump for what he is and who he truly represents. IMO, the Dem candidate that eventually rises to the top of the heap will have done the best job at exposing Trump's blatant lies and what should be done to make him pay for it.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
An obese paraplegic, half-black, half-eskimo, half-hispanic (libs can't do math) non gender specific being that was born female, has male genitalia and self-identifies as a golden retriever.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
An obese paraplegic, half-black, half-eskimo, half-hispanic (libs can't do math) non gender specific being that was born female, has male genitalia and self-identifies as a golden retriever.
Would this person necessarily need to speak English?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nobody. Let Trump have it in 2020. I'd like to make sure the rust belt is nothing but a smoking crater before we even consider starting to pick up the pieces.

Reactions: Indus

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Would this person necessarily need to speak English?

Given the democrats message I think speaking English would be a detriment. The less comprehensible the better, that way he/she/it could not be pinned down on anything or caught in a lie. And the being finds "person" to be an offensive term, please don't refer to it as one.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Nobody. Let Trump have it in 2020. I'd like to make sure the rust belt is nothing but a smoking crater before we even consider starting to pick up the pieces.
This is the kind of "let it burn" mentality that Republicans had for all of eight years during Obama's presidency. It was not constructive in any way sans for making the the other team look bad and seizing power. We can't allow ourselves to fall into that trap. Though it may be frustrating working with the other side for the sake of getting things done when they were so blatantly unwilling to do such a thing when the tables were turned, especially when it will give the impression to voters that Republicans get things done while Democrats don't, the alternative is we have another eight years of stagnation. That is no way to govern a country.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
They should nominate someone who meets all of the rights views of a left wing boogeyman:

A rich (think billionaire)
Elitist (like someone from a prestigious school and whose house is lined in gold)
Clueless about foreign policy
Someone who hates America (like someone who hates America so much that they marry a foreigner, hires foreigners, and makes their products overseas)
Supports reckless spending and ballooning budgets
Supports crony capitalism
Someone who is bought and paid for by Goldman Sachs (as evident by who they plan to appoint to cabinet positions)
Pays little to no taxes (ie a net taker)
And lastly someone who is so corrupt that they use charities for personal gain

According to the right, that's the ideal leftist candidate that the left would have no problems with.

Reactions: tweaker2

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Doesn't really matter. If the economy tanks hard, especially if later into Trump's term, and he fails to convincingly blame it on Obama, he's dead even against a mediocre, old, white candidate. If he sells out his base to the ebil globalists, he loses the razor thin margins he had in the critical swing states and loses the electoral. If the economy continues on its current path and he takes credit for it, all the while continuing to give free jobs to the Rust Belt, a second term will be a lock. As said above, the Presidency alone isn't nearly enough to swing things back into Democratic hands anyways, there are other things to worry about.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
This is the kind of "let it burn" mentality that Republicans had for all of eight years during Obama's presidency. It was not constructive in any way sans for making the the other team look bad and seizing power. We can't allow ourselves to fall into that trap. Though it may be frustrating working with the other side for the sake of getting things done when they were so blatantly unwilling to do such a thing when the tables were turned, especially when it will give the impression to voters that Republicans get things done while Democrats don't, the alternative is we have another eight years of stagnation. That is no way to govern a country.
I'm not suggesting we obstruct anything. I'm not suggesting trying to make the other team look bad. They do a fine job of that all on their own. If we compromise with them, in 2020 we will be attacked for voting for all the things that went wrong, the same way you blame Hillary for "voting for the Iraq War." Vote yes on policies you like. Vote no on policies you don't. No filibusters. Let Trump appoint Scalia 2.0. Let Trump appoint Scalia 3.0 when RBG retires. Let Trump appoint Thomas 2.0 when he retires. Let him appoint more scumbags when Kennedy and Breyer retire. Sorry LGBT and minorities. Too bad, so sad. At least you made a statement by not voting for the Hildabeast.