Who sells the phattest One Ring replica? LOTR

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: vetteguyYeah, but this is a little more subtle than a t-shirt that says "I Grok Spock". I mean, in and of itself, the ring is actually sweet looking and if you don't know what LOTR is, you'd never know. You'd just think is was a cool looking gold ring.
Fair enough...

Until you are lying next to her in post-coital bliss and she says, "That was wonderful. I think we should stay in bed all day and see if we can top it. By the way, what does that cool writing on your ring mean?"

"It is a replica of the One True Ring from Lord of The Rings"

"Ummmm, I have to go home and wash my hair. Nice knowing you..."

;)

EyeOfThe

Dec 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Mwilding
why don't you just get a tattoo that says, "I never want to get laid again" instead?

What do you mean "again"?:confused:

A tatoo would be permanent. This Ring I will wear to the theater to see the next two LOTR movies... and then probably never wear again - certainly wouldn't wear it when hunting chicks.

EyeOfThe

Dec 7, 2001
Originally posted by: vetteguyYeah, but this is a little more subtle than a t-shirt that says "I Grok Spock". I mean, in and of itself, the ring is actually sweet looking and if you don't know what LOTR is, you'd never know. You'd just think is was a cool looking gold ring.
Fair enough...

Until you are lying next to her in post-coital bliss and she says, "That was wonderful. I think we should stay in bed all day and see if we can top it. By the way, what does that cool writing on your ring mean?"

A true tolkien-lover would answer in his best Gandalf voice:

"Ash nazg durbatuluk
Ash nazg gimpetul
Ash nazg thrakatuluk
agh burzum-ishi krimpetul!"

She would be turned on by your exotic accent, and ask what that meant. The you would say:

"One ring to rule them all
One ring to find them
One ring to bring them all
And in the darkness bind them!"

The would then be in complete awe of you (in a good way).

But who is going to wear their precious to bed? You wouldn't risk getting it messed up. Now if they made a size 50 One Ring then I might wear it to bed, but not on my hand.
:D;)

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
why don't you just get a tattoo that says, "I never want to get laid again" instead?

Cool, a ring with the power to cast celibacy on the wearer.

:D

EyeOfThe

Dec 7, 2001
Originally posted by: vetteguy
Check this out.

If anyone can find me one like this (that's laser etched, etc.) that you can actually get in sizes, let me know. I'm getting married in a year and a half and this would make a sweet wedding ring.

Check this link ONE RING

It's the same one but it has mad sizes available.

EyeOfThe

Dec 7, 2001
Now I need someone to buy these rings and report on their quality and phatness.

Also, does anyone know which hand and which finger Sauron wore the ring? I don't have the DVD.... waiting for the deluxe version.

By the way, which hand/finger did Sauron/Gollum/Bilbo/Frodo/etc wear the ring on in each scene of the book/movie?

Atrail

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
I believe it was his index finger.
Not sure about the hand, my guess is the left.

integratrix

Sep 18, 2002
I love Lord of the Rings and all... but why would you get a replica of the One Ring if it's a symbol of evil, especially as a wedding ring? It's the symbolism behind it, not the geekiness, that would turn me off (and probably scare me) if my husband wore him.

EyeOfThe

Dec 7, 2001
Originally posted by: integratrix
I love Lord of the Rings and all... but why would you get a replica of the One Ring if it's a symbol of evil, especially as a wedding ring? It's the symbolism behind it, not the geekiness, that would turn me off (and probably scare me) if my husband wore him.

I don't want the ring as a symbol of evil. I'm not evil and I don't want to seem evil. It's just like little kids dressing up as Darth Vader for Halloween. It's just fun. :D

Jan 31, 2002
Elf chicks would dig it. :D Come on, Liv Tyler ... Elf chicks ... buy a ring! ;)

I can't justify that much money though. I'll stick to cheap knockoffs, thanks. :)

- M4H

EyeOfThe

Dec 7, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Elf chicks would dig it. :D Come on, Liv Tyler ... Elf chicks ... buy a ring! ;)

I can't justify that much money though. I'll stick to cheap knockoffs, thanks. :)

- M4H

Now you'll reallllllllly impress the babes. You're a geek, you're wearing a symbol of evil, AND you're cheap!
:D

...I hear Liv Tyler isn't into guys with money anyway...