Who sells the phattest One Ring replica? LOTR

EyeOfThe

Dec 7, 2001
Who sells the phattest One Ring replica? LOTR

I want to buy the Lord of the Rings 'One Ring' (with elf writing on it) but every one of them I've seen for sale looks like KNOCK-OFF CRAP.

Anyone find a place selling perfect replicas?
:D

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
royal selangor had some awesome stuff, but i don't think they had the ring. i got a pewter goblet with gandalf's likeness.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
Originally posted by: kami
I can vouch for these
A little pricey, but this guy was doing them before the whole LOTR craze. Also he replaces them if the gold wears off (you just pay to ship it)

WTF!!! The silver ones are twice as much as the gold ones???

amish

Did you check out the Platinum ones :Q?

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I can vouch for these
A little pricey, but this guy was doing them before the whole LOTR craze. Also he replaces them if the gold wears off (you just pay to ship it)

amish

Those ones aren't real gold. They're gold plated. The solid gold ones are much more expensive than the silver ones.

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
I can vouch for these

amish
You were looking at the Gollum ring, it's just plated.
There's another link on the left to the actual Gold rings that start in the $300's.

*Edit - Dammit, Kami beat me to it.

EyeOfThe

Dec 7, 2001
Originally posted by: agnitrate
here ya go ebay'd
All for that one low price!

There are others, but they look like crap compared to that.

-silver

Of course, Ebay was the 1st place I looked - and I saw the auction you mention - and it does look more authentic than the other ones, but the photos are pretty blurry, so I'm not quite ready to send out the Nazgul yet.

I tried to find a website for the official-licensed ring he's selling but didn't find it. I emailed the dude asking for better photos or a website.

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
I was looking about two months ago and I found a place that made the one ring that actually only showed the lettering when a flame was put to it. I have no idea how they did it or what the link is.

If I find it again I will post it.

vetteguy

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2001
Check this out.

If anyone can find me one like this (that's laser etched, etc.) that you can actually get in sizes, let me know. I'm getting married in a year and a half and this would make a sweet wedding ring.

EyeOfThe

Dec 7, 2001
Originally posted by: vetteguy
Check this out.

If anyone can find me one like this (that's laser etched, etc.) that you can actually get in sizes, let me know. I'm getting married in a year and a half and this would make a sweet wedding ring.

Impressive. Most Impressive.

This precious (the gold one not the silver) seems to be the same as being sold by the ebay guy - it has the same box. No wonder the ebay guy didn't answer my email - he couldn't direct me to the website selling the item for $295 when he trying to sell it for $425!:disgust:

If you're stuck getting married - certainly the (perfect) One Ring will be much cooler than anything else you could find. And when you don't want to wear it, you're justified - considering its Evil Power.:D

EyeOfThe

Dec 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Jzero
By phattest, do you mean the blinginest, iced out one?

Well I don't mean I want carved out of pure diamond, although that would be quite ill.

I am looking for the most perfect replica... nice shiny gold.... the elf writing perfect... (note: I dont want to have to put it in fire to get the elf writing)... if the elf writing could have that perfect orange glow then great...

I want the ring that was used in the 'put the ring in the fire' scene - or an exact replica, preferably made by the exact same dude who make the one(s) in the movie, and preferably in my ring size.

I wouldn't turn down the power of invisibilty and long life either.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
why don't you just get a tattoo that says, "I never want to get laid again" instead?

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Mwilding
why don't you just get a tattoo that says, "I never want to get laid again" instead?

Actually it's possible to have lots of sex and own a piece of jewelry like a ring. I know it seems really far fetched, but it is possible.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

Actually it's possible to have lots of sex and own a piece of jewelry like a ring. I know it seems really far fetched, but it is possible.
I absolutely agree. It's just fantasy fanboy memorabilia and sex aren't exactly best friends...

vetteguy

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2001

I absolutely agree. It's just fantasy fanboy memorabilia and sex aren't exactly best friends...
Yeah, but this is a little more subtle than a t-shirt that says "I Grok Spock". I mean, in and of itself, the ring is actually sweet looking and if you don't know what LOTR is, you'd never know. You'd just think is was a cool looking gold ring.

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Honestly what would your (potential?) wife say if you said you wanted the LOTR ring for your wedding band? :Q

I can't picture it. Maybe it's just me.

vetteguy

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by: murphy55d
Honestly what would your (potential?) wife say if you said you wanted the LOTR ring for your wedding band? :Q

I can't picture it. Maybe it's just me.
I don't know...haven't tried it yet. However, I hate wearing rings, I really can't stand them. She knows this and also knows that it will be hard to get me to wear one. Maybe if I showed her one that I would actually wear it would be enough. Can't hurt (besides, she's letting me have some Star Wars stuff at the reception!)