Who remembers a time when

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I can not remember a time when politicians did not lie.

They always did, but there seems to be so much effort put into it now. Politicians were always corrupt, but when I was young even the poor could get a ticket fixed. Now that's a "right" reserved for the rich and powerful.

Things are so much better. :rolleyes:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
You left out transparancy . You left out he promised 1 term if he didn't cut deficiet. Obummer is incapable of telling the truth it goes against his nature, Same applies to Romney . Romney even got the Mormons to revise history for him . I have proof of that. Inthe time line . Watch the video watch the monie . Pay close attention to time lines and were the lie was installed. Mormons must not have liked this much as they clearly put the conflicting dates in the movie .

My hand gets tired. I can only type out his lies in stages.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Are any of these people truthful Repulsives/ Demons They all lie . I not so sure the early presidents did alot of promise breaking so the constant Lie was not with them . If I may I would like to offer the Tool behind the lyers. The Big wheel if you will . Now this may seem OT , But its relevent to this topic and offers only a glimps of the man behind the curtain and founder of the lying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BebRA39ggrs

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Saying you will end earmarks and then don't, it's a LIE.
Saying I will not hire lobyists and then do, it's a LIE.
Saying I will give every bill 5 days before he signs then and then doesn't, it's a LIE.
Saying he will bring the troops home from Iraq in 2009 and then doesn't till 2010, it's a LIE.
Saying you will keep a factory open if the government help and then he doesn't, it's a LIE.
Saying he will balance the budget in 4 years and then not even attempt to, it's a LIE.

And on, and on, and on.......

No, those are broken promises. Dishonest, perhaps. But not lies. A lie is knowingly telling you something that is not true.

Clinton lied about his affair with Lewinsky. He didn't say, "I will not bang any women in the Oval office."

Last edited:

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Kind of amazing how many people don't understand what "lie" and "corruption" mean. There has already been plenty of discussion of the difference between a lie and a broken promise... but corruption is thrown around way too much.

Do people really think Obama and Romney are corrupt?? If so, explain.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Kind of amazing how many people don't understand what "lie" and "corruption" mean. There has already been plenty of discussion of the difference between a lie and a broken promise... but corruption is thrown around way too much.

Do people really think Obama and Romney are corrupt?? If so, explain.

To the extent that an officeholder is beholden to interests outside of responsibilities to his constituents, he is corrupt.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Politicians have been lying since the dawn of human history. It's absurdly naive to think that things were different or that politics was a less nasty business back in the day.

/this.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I certainly hope every American does. Until Karl Rowe revolutionized GOP politics a little more than a decade ago, the basic rule was any politician publically caught in a major lie was toast. Under present GOP operations purity of doctrine is essential, factual truth is at best a secondary consideration.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I certainly hope every American does. Until Karl Rowe revolutionized GOP politics a little more than a decade ago, the basic rule was any politician publically caught in a major lie was toast. Under present GOP operations purity of doctrine is essential, factual truth is to be avoided at all costs.
FTFY

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I certainly hope every American does. Until Karl Rowe revolutionized GOP politics a little more than a decade ago, the basic rule was any politician publically caught in a major lie was toast. Under present GOP operations purity of doctrine is essential, factual truth is at best a secondary consideration.

The funny part is you're such a useless partisan tool you don't even know that what you say is a lie.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Nobody who is alive today can actually remember such a time.
Those who think they do are just nostalgic.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
I get my feathers more ruffled by the fact that people act like only their enemies are capable of lies, mean while they spit out their own over and over and over again. The entire Republican and Democrat platform is facilitated on a lie. Any major player from either party has on more than one occasion told bold faced lies in order to get elected. If you support one, you support them all.