Who makes (directs) the best movies

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
Hey Midnight, I forgot about ole Hitchcock, of course he has to be on the list.

Have you seen Frenzy, his 2nd last film, he returned to the UK to make it, back in 1972, 50 years after the first film he made.

It's a bloody fantastic black comedy, I just saw it recently.

montanafan

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
I wondered when someone was going to mention Hitchcock! He's the best ever IMO. I'd put Spielberg second and Frank Capra third.

MisterM

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
IMHO Sergio Leone (Once Upon A Time In The West is the best western ever!) and Luc Besson (most famous for Leon: The Professional...) are 2 of the very best directors alive. :)

XL

Jul 23, 2000
After reading this thread I think its safe to say that almost these directors are very talented and have a very unique style onto thierselves; to say the least.

DABANSHEE's list pretty much says it all.And who can forget Orson Wells as DABANSHEE put in his list.Citizen Cain Voted the best movie of the century.

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
Maybe I was a bit strong on 'SPR', it was an ok film, it just wasnt the 'super realist war movie of the century' the way everyone says it was.